SON Bicycle Crew

I’m a noob to the whole scene, and don’t reallycare to go on some mountain trails. I just need a bike to get me between work, school and home.

There’s a fair bit of elevation, and rough roads, so i would like a comfy ride.

Now, how much can i expect to pay for something sturdy, comfortable and durable?

Is there a good Ontario/toronto classified forum? Link to retailers?

One Million Dollars.

I’d try craigslist. Maybe I shoudl sell my bike ?

CL sucks, pics of bike?

If your just looking for a bike to commute with…buy a commuter bike.

Mountain bikes = too expensive and too many parts to fix and replace
BMX = too expensive and uncomfortable

You need just a basic transportation bike…go into any bike shop (Bay Cycle, Pedal Performance) and let them know what your looking for.

expect to pay $250ish, possibly more depending on the features, brands, etc.

nutta, my gf is a Shimano rep, she works at the Bike Zone in sauga, link me up on msn and i can put you in contact with her if you like.

Do you really want nutta around your gf??? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW I’ll take pix tomorrow maybe.

HAHAHAHA, not such a no0b is he Marc?

HAHAHAHA, not such a no0b is he Marc?[/quote]Haha he has tasted the experience.

Same goes for Bensoon.

Besides Lucky is my homey. I wouldnt mess with his gf…until after he left town.

Sounds good man, i’ll tty on MSNGR.

your best bet was to get something in the off season for best bang for your buck. go used dont overkill. but having quality components and keeping your bike maintained is the most important.

do not ever get a bike from any department store.

try and find used or on sale and look into atleast the $500 range. Thats for a half decent mountian bike and then you can throw some slicks on it or even barter with the guys at teh bike store to put slicks on instead of knobby tires

beware of salesmen

Same goes for Bensoon.

Besides Lucky is my homey. I wouldnt mess with his gf…until after he left town.[/quote]

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

to bad this bitch has both hands! AND you aint some slimey weasel who can’t eat wheat…

re-mybikes in streets vill is a good place. i think thats what its called. there is also a place in george town (on 7 or blovaird) thats pritty good as well.

Same goes for Bensoon.

Besides Lucky is my homey. I wouldnt mess with his gf…until after he left town.[/quote]

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

to bad this bitch has both hands! AND you aint some slimey weasel who can’t eat wheat…[/quote]

Marc is brown, why would any white girl want him?

:shock:

WTF is wrong with you ppl? What is so wrong with going and spending 150 bucks at wal mart and having a cheap bike for commuting? I’m hearing like spend atleast 500 on a used bike BS. Has this damn car gotten to you? Do none of you realize he’s using the damn thing for commuting?

I’ll tell you what’s wrong with spending $150 on a bike… just like spending $500 on a car. If you are not really into biking, you don’t want to be spending your time fixing it right? If you aren’t into cars, you shouldn’t be buying the cheapest POS on the market cause you will be spending your time and money fixing it OR you will be paying a shop tons to fix it and get ripped off in the mean time. Not to mention the much better quality ride and less effort a good bike will provide.

Buy something that is half decent, and you will not regret it.

“Daddy”

“Yes son”

“What does regret mean?”

“Well son, it’s better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven’t done.”
“And, when you see your mother this weekend, tell her…!”

Maybe you guys reaaaly beat on your bicycles, I’ve had a cheapo one from canadian tire for close to 8 years now still runs fine, and I’ve never had to replace anything on it.

Same goes for Bensoon.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

to bad this bitch has both hands! AND you aint some slimey weasel who can’t eat wheat…[/quote]lol. :o

Chocolate Thunder, from down under.

get it done