SON Encounters

Have you ever ran into another person from here without even knowing who they were at first?
Just today, I was picking up a new memory card for my camera, and I was asking the sales guy about lenses. Car photography came up, and then cars, and then he’s telling me how he had four 240’s, and how he was into drifting and such, and I look down at his name tag, and… it’s Alberto! I didn’t recognize him, because I’ve only run into him a couple of times back in the day, but it was such a trippy “small world” kinda moment.
Have any of you run into another SON person at random?

i ran into osad(dan) at the auto show but didnt recognize him at first as ive only met him once or twice

Alberto? As in Driftnation? Where did you see him? I haven’t talked to him in years!

I remember running into Jon (Darkforcejackal) at the autoshow…but here’s what happened…

So I saw that new Toyota Landcruiser or whatever and so I decided to go sit in the driver seat…

I then see someone go into the back seat almost at the same time and when I looked back, it was Jon!

But obviously I had met him before, so it’s nothing that crazy.

Yup, very same Alberto. I saw him at Henry’s, turns out he’s really into photography now and has some pretty sweet equipment. He drives a new WRX now, and was complaining that it’s too soft of a car.

Same man, wow!

I once saw Theo driving his work van on the 407… Does that count?

By “work van” I mean:

http://www.truckfindersinc.com/Step&CargoVans,Pickups/1994FordE250.75tonCargoVan(P9963)/1994%20Ford%20E250%203%20quarter%20ton%20cargo%20van,%20right%20front%20view%20(P9963).jpg

Strangely enough, it said “Free Candy” on the side…

I see Chris, 87tls15 or w/e every day. more then once.

Oh yeah! I once saw Chris St John randomly come into the Quizno’s that I worked at in Oakville.

I hooked him up with my large sub and extra sauce.

Countless people walk into GPK, I see 240’s in the lot every other day.

The funniest one was Mark (.white240.). He sat down in a kart, with his helmet on, and as I goto setup his kart, he says “Hi I’m Mark”. Me thinking it’s just some nut, shake his hand and continue down the line haha. Only later I realized he has me on facebook and knew what I looked like.

Pretty good laugh.

Sure it counts… but it was a chevy like this one:

and it was ice cream. Get it right.
ps: I’m laid off now though so you probably won’t see me in that same van ever again.

Ah yes yes! That was funny…

Good to see the same Fobwall is still up and about around here…

I once ran into Theo too he was in his 240sx and he was pulling out of a parking lot on Queens Quay and I was driving a stretch limo, it was a white stretched ford excursion if I remember right. I honked and waved and he waved back! …I was like woooooww Theo waved at me and I giggeled like a small school girl!..Okay so that last part didn’t happen.

Driving limousines I would run into guys from SON all the time on the highways etc. but I couldn’t honk or say hi because they would be like "who is this guy with the stretch limousine? What does he want? Is he waving at me? WTF?

If anyone driving a 240sx had a white stretch limousine beside you or speeding along with you cheching out your ride or wiz right by you and it said “A” Celebrity limousine on it and the plates read CLBRT or CLBRT1 or CLBRT2 or CLBRT3 …well you get the picture (they go up to 10), …that was ME!!!
That was such an awesome job I loved it! as soon as I get back in Canada, I will go back to my stretch limo job, I loved it so much I would almost do it for free!.. Keyword: almost

When I was in Canada over the Easter holidays I ran into a guy from SON at Sunoco on Dixie rd. north of 401 I didn’t recognize him but he recognized me from SON meets, It was like 2:30AM I was putting gas in my 240sx and he was driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee limited I think it was either green or blue and he said something like your car is mint and I was like thanks and he was like your Toronto240sx and your name is John right? I was like yeah how do you know me? And then we started talking about SON and meets etc.

It was nice! I wish I could remember his name…damn memorie,… I need to upgrade to a bigger memorie card.

You ran into Phil and I too, at Sasha’s. You also ran into Sasha there :smiley:

Oh yeah!!!

I guess I kind of expected to run into people from SON at Sasha’s place lol… But running into Sasha was totally unexpected lol!
The truth is I would run into Phil all the time when I drove the stretch limousines at “A” celebrity limousine (he was like one of our best customers…Phil is such a freaken baller). And I would see you driving around Woodbridge all the time especially in the HW7/Pinevalley area.

Driftacular didn’t invite me to his barmintzva (sp?) in Grade 8