Soooo.... Lambo Doors

Yeah, here’s a pic of it at our camp

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/k-zBiyg9S-0/0.jpg

Vertical doors are huge in the UKDM scene. Seeing loads of new XKs and Evoras running them shits.

so i hear. id get the vertical door research going now, fuck the rims IMHO

Lol… I love the topic shift…

it sucks when your on line and cant tell whose serious and whose sarcastic :frowning:

I’m 100% serious on getting the lambo doors. They will really set of the convertible/wheels.

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Same here I’ve been 100% serious since my first post in this thread

well, if the pattern matches there are two things i can think of that can be a problem. one of which can be 3 things.
first problem is caliper clearance. if its too close to the caliper a small spacer can fix the issue.
second problem is the center bore. if its too small, you cant really fit the wheel on. if its the same, no problems there, obviously. if its bigger, you simply get hubscentric rings to fill the gap. theyre sold all over the place. if you have an odd number that isnt simply premade, you can order a set of 4 to be milled out, which is what i did for my wheels.

nah like i thought the rims would make it look better, but after thinking about the wheel gap and how different itll look with the smaller rims. id rather just get something thats gonna set it off and make it look better. i mean those are all valid points you brought up.

what the hell is going out in this thread… :rofl so much win in this thread

rims CAN make it look nicer, provided the wheel well is filled out nicely and it doesnt have a two foot tall wheel gap.

im just tryin to help him out, the rest? not too sure about that one, man.

Lambo doors > new wheels…use your head

eh, true. you can always flap them with some actuators and just hover over the traffic or just go over red lights. you then wouldnt technically “run” a light, cuz flying isnt in the rule book. :thumbup

I wonder if anyone has actually ever tried that. Put a very powerful motor to flap the doors :smiley:

In any case… I already tried to fit a stock set of 17" SI rims on the mustang last week at some shop who had them and it wasnt the caliper spacing and yet still did not fit. did not go INTO the placement enough for lugs to catch the thread (I dont think it was short lugs)

It’s the center bore. You have nice wheels that fit. I wouldn’t be surprised if those were like $2000 new. Just get the doors… it’ll be a subtle mod, but your car will look nice. Mustangs really pull it off with their long doors.

You know any fixes and solutions for the center bore fix? I know tires are 275 a piece for just tires. Maybe if I can sell my wheels for lets say 900. I can buy a nice set of rims and lambo doors :smiley: haha

^^ still very confused…

Lol. Lets just say… I will look for some and if I find a good deal maybe I will pick it up… does anyone know how to install these in the case I do buy a lambo door kit?

:banghead

what underboosted is saying is if somebody said “yes” to your question if you should do lambo doors are joking. you REALLY REALLY REALLY shouldnt. clear enough?

as far as making a wheel with a small centerbore than urs fit? i am not sure, but if i were to venture a guess, id say you will need to have custom milled adapters made. theyd be kinda like spacers that help mate the wheels onto your car, because the round “peg” on the car is bigger than the hole in the wheel. that “peg’s” not gonna go into the wheel. i wouldnt advise boring the holes in the wheels either. this is an extreme case of " I MUST HAVE THOSE WHEELS" though. if they dont fit, find another set.

on another note, i think the amount of flak you caught in this one single thread is starting to approach the total amount of flak i caught in my time here.

meh. Lol. I am only in the capital region for another 3 months. I hope to stick around the forums but I doubt I will have time. Ill either be living NYC or another country soo doenst matter much to me what people think (unless its ACTUALLY constructive criticism)