Sorry about that....

Sorry I posted the question in the wrong place, but I don’t think I had access to the rest of the forums yet.

B&R in Verona was the only place I knew of to get a bottle filled. $55

My name is Mike and YES, I have a QUICK 83 Z28. Crate 355 vortec motor from Hi-Tech in UTAH with 430 HP and 450 FTlb on their dyno. Hedman ceramic coated shorties with 3" flowmaster exhaust all the way back.

Bowtie Overdrives Level 3 700R4 good up to 680 FTlb.

Just finished the Moser 12-Bolt install with 3:73 gears and a TrueTrac.

As soon as I get my Nitrous-Ready driveshaft from Denny’s this week, I can get it down off of the jackstands and start the Nitrous System install.

I’m planning on running a 150 shot using a NOS progressive controller to apply the power as the tires can take it.

Front suspension has been disassembled, sandblasted, and POR-15’d + gloss black topcoat. All Energy Suspension poly bushings have been installed & 1" lowering springs.

Rear suspension consists of tubular steel rear control arms and panhard bar with poly bushings and the 1" lowering springs again. Spohn torque arm setup with their crossmember. UMI Performance subframe connectors.

The coolest thing about the car is that you’d never know any of it. I used the lowest-rise intake I could find to squeeze everything under the stock GM fiberglass hood (probably costing me some HP but worth it.) Stock wheels cleaned up & polished. If I don’t open the hood, the only performance item you see is the B&M Mega shifter. Obvously you would know something’s up when I start it up, but maybe I just put Flowmasters on my 305 right?

I’m hoping for 12’s on the motor and maybe 11’s on spray at PRP this summer.

See ya there and at the FL Drags! :cool: :smiley:

welcome:beer: as in quick,how quick?

Don’t know yet, like I said, hoping for 12’s on motor and 11’s on spray.

I’ll find out this summer for sure!

welcome

Welcome!!

Pics of Car?

c:\car1.jpg

c:\car2.jpg

welcome

Here’s the Car:

http://i12.tinypic.com/482nmfn.jpg

Under The Hood:

http://i16.tinypic.com/44iqxvn.jpg

loooks real good

Nice looking, good luck at the track. See you there.

Mike

welcome and nice camaro

Welcome

On “jackstands” (cinder blocks) in front yard??

wheres the mullet

I see about 12.60’s or so with a good launch.

Welcome and as slow stated where is the mullet and loovers?

welcome!

welcome

That’s specifically why I got a Z28 instead of an IROC, so I would not get any Mullet comments … lol

Never had one even back when they were in style.

Up on jackstands - IN MY GARAGE! I’m too old for that lying under a car in the snow crap, but I surely did it many times before when I was younger.

Can’t wait to get it done and get my first timeslip!

Mike

nice car,but how can u clame quick it u never ran it?

I drove it sparingly for a couple months at the end of last summer with the old, stock rear with 3:23 gears and no posi. While I never made it up to the strip, I could certainly tell that it’s gonna run well.

Just using my seat-of-the-pants dyno, I could tell that it was already more potent than my last two cars: '71 Duster 383 that ran 13.5 @ 105 and an '88 IROC 305 W/nitrous that ran 13.8 @ 101.

Shootin’ for the 12’s!