Well, here I am

87FOXGT told me about this place, so I thought I’d come and check it out. I’ve got a long history with cars, going back to street racing as a kid (before most of you were born). For a while I was into bikes, then I did road racing for a number of years (an MGB, Formula Vee, Formula Ford). Currently, I am into fast street cars and (fast) bracket racing.

My current street car is a '95 Z-28 with a stroker motor, Procharger F1, and a nitrous system. It makes good power - the dyno graph is with a TH400 and race converter (4,200 stall) using a small (~100hp) nitrous shot. I have run up to a 250hp shot. http://www.kennedysdynotune.com/images/dynograph.jpg
I am retiring the car from the track and going back to a six-speed as I did not want to put a full cage in it (needed to run 9’s). At the track, I never made a full pass with a big nitrous shot. I have a good relationship with the track owner that I didn’t want to screw up and the agreement was to stay out of the nines. With the 100hp shot I ran 10.02 at 144mph or so.

The race car is a 27T roadster with a mild BBC alcohol motor. Currently, I am running a carb but a winter project is to install an EFI system. My buddy Bob Kennedy (kennedysdynotune.com) are going to be putting on an Electromotive system as an “experiment”. AFAIK, no one is running that kind of combo and we want to see how it will work. Set up for brackets, it runs very consistent low 9.40’s with low 140mph traps. With a hard launch (less consistent) and a higher redline it runs 9.20’s. But, of course, consistency is the name of the game. Eventually, I am going to build a stronger motor for it and go a bit faster.

As far as other stuff, I am pretty involved with my job and family. But I also am into cigars and reading (history, SF, novels). I live in buffalo.

Rich

Welcome! :wave:

wow very nice :tup:

welcome homie :wave:

Your car is weak!

Just kidding. Awesome numbers. Welcome aboard.

Thanks! Unfortunately, there was a computer crash at the shop and a lot of the old dyno runs were lost. The one with a 250hp nitrous shot WAS pretty damn impressive. But I don’t have a hard copy of it and I doubt if I will do that again, unless the motor is coming out for a rebuild anyway! The configuration was in preparation for a match race that had $$$ riding on it. The race never took place (other guy backed out).

I would have too.

one of the best intros ever. thanks for not being sneaky about your rides, I am an equal-opportunity gearhead and just like hearing about built/nice cars.

my pop built a '27 T-bucket years ago. him and a few of his buddies built their own frame (long wheelbase), yanked a 327 out of a '66 chevelle super sport, put on a highrise with dual rochesters and backed it with a high-stall th350 running through 4.11s. best part was, they bought a registration off of a 1927 model T and applied it to the car. no belts, one taillight, straight up-and-down bus wheel with a spinner, etc.

placed second at the buffalo autorama years ago, it had a psychadelic hand-rubbed lacquer finish to it. but it was a runner too, he wound up blowing the gears out of it racing a motorcycle in west seneca (threw my uncle over the windshield), so he put 4.56s in it.

not to steal your thread. welcome to nyspeed rich. :tup:

Welcome :slight_smile: Sounds like you’ve got quite the cars.

Hey Rich… I thought you were avoiding this place. How did you not get invited months ago?

Welcome man!

I think I remember hearing about it, but never followed up. It looks like there is less drama here than on UBRF? I hope so!

lol… a little less.

Good people… but a lot of boredom… which leads to bickering. This is all online drama though… we don’t beat people up over it.

yet.

Welcome aboard, sometime ill have to give you a run in the supra.

:word:

Welcome aboard, glad to have You here.

-Nick

that aint shit! :lol:…

jk…very nice

Welcome Rich, It’s about time you showed up :slight_smile:

I am usually up for a run. However, the Z is retired from the track, so that pretty much means roll racing on the street - there is no way to get a good launch from a dig on an unprepped surface with a hi-po car, as I am sure you are aware. Roll racing is fun, but when you get to the point of really fast cars it can get dangerous/legally risky pretty quick. So, you would probably have to insult me to get me mad enough to do it. :smiley:

welcome

Ah im sure you can still get it to the track if its a street car. Next yr my car should be ready for the track. I need to replace my driveshaft and get some decent rubber.

:wave: