Spacers it is !! (1 set 20mm ready) anyone ?

Well here it is boys my offer to you !!

Its now been over a year with my spacers I made on a laith along with some ARP (i think) studs, and its worked very well and looks great…

here is a sample of my work…

These are 25mm spacers…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kingdoba/240sx/complete.jpg

and here is what they look like on the car…
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/kingdoba/240sx/my240back.jpg

NOW here’s the deal… I’ve looked at the prices of spacers and i wasn’t impressed, you’ll be spending over $300 for all 4 spacers…

Well my deal to you guys is ANY size spacers ALL 4 for $180 CND to pick up either in Brantford or Mississauga.

That’s a lousy 45 bucks per spacer don’t know if anyone can beat these prices !!

Now anyone interested ? i need at least an order of 5 or more otherwise its not worth my time.

thanks

What about studs?

Can you make 5 bolt?

those dont look hub centric. theyre gonna be shaky shaky up front.

yes 5 stud can be done !! same price

and shakey? thats interesting ive had no shake in my car…but ok

if someone could explain to me hubsentric maybe it can be done, ive searched for it but dont find any good explanation of what it is

Are studs included in that price, or?

Looks like a decent job. You should be able to make hubcentric ones no problem with that process.

heres an example of hub centric wheel adapters with built in studs. similiar to the HR. the lip in the centre that sticks out is what makes them hubcentric. this way the rim sits on that ring preventing and movement / “shake”

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7972848410&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

i had a set of generic ones made for 60usd with 15/20usd shipping. solid /billet /hub centric . any lug. any size. there are many places in the states that make these. usually for large truck and machine applications. doing a search for wheel adapters on ebay will give u tons of choices. theres no need to pay upwards of 200 bucks for some HR ones. know your materials, find a reputable place.

now if you can include the studs and makem hubcentric for your 45 bucks it would def be a decent deal.

looks good ! so in order for me to make a hub centric spacer i would need to know the exact size of the center opening and the size of the lip, anyone willing to give me thse dimensions?
I guess I could take a wheel off and measure…but for that lip i see different style lips for different style spacers, how much does it need to stick out ? and how much material is needed. im an eng. i deal with numbers hehehe

I disagree…Hubcentric spacers mount around the hub instead of around/against the bolts. This keeps the spacer “centred” around the hub and prevents unwanted forces on your lug bolts.

The “lip” would serve no purpose unless you were mounting non-hubcentric wheels.

Yea, as long as the spacer is mounted tightly around the lip on the actual hub that will be fine and will stop the spacer from shifting around anyway.

well it seems i might be getting my hands on some hub sentric spacers and will easily be able to copy them, SO i will be able to make hub centric spacers and ill still try to get a better deal
maybe 150 hub centric for all 4 how does that sound? if i can swing it
ill work on it and let you guys know some time soon !!

The lip causes the spacer to be WHEEL centric. As it situates the center of the wheel in line with the center of the spacer.

The inner bore on the spacer itself causes it to be HUB centric. As it situates the center of the spacer in line with the center of the hub.

In other words; lip centers the wheel, bore centers the spacer. This allows for the entire assembly to rotate along a common axis.

The purpose of a hub centric setup is not to avoid “unwanted forces”. Despite what many people think, the majority of the shear force between your wheel and hub is carried by the mating surface area, not the studs themselves. The studs are held in tension, creating a coupling between the two mating surfaces, and thus do not see a high shear force.

The main purpose of a hub centric setup is, as mentioned above, to ensure that the wheel, spacer, and hub, all rotate along the same axis. This serves to eliminate vibrations in the setup.

You are right on one point. The stud holes in your spacer or wheel, much like the ones in your rotor, are CLEARANCE holes. Meaning their inner diameter is considerably larger then the outer diameter of the stud. Therefore, they are not to be used for gaining a center. This is why stock wheels use the hub for gaining the center.

Or unless the spacer extends beyond the hub.

So then wheel centric would work aswell because Titan, what you are saying is that wheel centric centres the spacer with the wheel. Well if the spacer is centered with the wheel, it will not cause unbalance because the wheel is centred by the studs and the countersink in the rim.

Right?

Theo

Here’s something I drew up a while back.

In order for the spacer to be ‘hub centric’ the little lip on the spacer has
to sit on the hub, and the wheel has to sit on top of that little lip.

This design was for my Volk wheels since they had a 73mm inner bore.

http://240sx.cubicdesign.com/images/misc/hub_spacer.jpg

Here’s what Titan’s spacers look like that he made. You can see the difference.

http://www.son240sx.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11172&highlight=wheel+spacers

A hubcentric spacer needs to be designed like this:

http://www.sequence-garage.com/spacer.jpg (gotta love solidworks - its faster than photoshop!)

has to be 66.2 inside diameter on the hub side to fit over the stock hub, and 66.2 outside diameter on the wheel side to act like the hub lip on the wheel side. Obvioulsly you need some mass between so you need to taper (is that the word?) inbetween to make it happen.

titans spacers are great, but without encorporating this design idea the stock wheels, or any wheel with a 66.2mm hub will not fit. Just like GS430 wheels will not fit on my car without being machined, as they have an even smaller hub. THats why aftermarket wheels have large hubs with adapters for them ya heard?

I don’t think you would have to have a taper. You could just machine the larger dia. to meet the small dia.

Theo

I’m saying you need BOTH. The wheel needs to centered to the spacer via lip, and the spacer needs to be centered to the hub via inner bore. This applies when the spacer extends beyond the hub, thus not enabling your wheel to be centered off the hub.

You are not able to center the spacer or the wheel with the studs, as the clearance is far too large causing much play.

I’m saying you need BOTH. The wheel needs to centered to the spacer via lip, and the spacer needs to be centered to the hub via inner bore. This applies when the spacer extends beyond the hub, thus not enabling your wheel to be centered off the hub.

You are not able to center the spacer or the wheel with the studs, as the clearance is far too large causing much play.[/quote]

Ok, I see. But isn’t that what the countersink in the rim where the nuts go is for…somewhat?