Speedracer

I am floored!! This was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Absolutely brilliant!! It was far fetched and physics were certainly out the window, I have to refer back to the IGN movie review that stated that the Wachowski brothers immerse you into the world where it becomes believeable and real. Definitely go see this movie in IMAX, you won’t be sorry. This movie is a visual masterpiece!!! 9/10.

Really? I think watching the cars run through rediculous courses like that of Mario Kart or Sonic the Hedgehog Pinball would piss me off.

i plan on seein it this week, im pumped about it =)

i thought the same, lol Rainbow Cource for the win, lol…anyways is it really good?? looks lame, plus i happened to catch Speedracer the new generation cartoon earlier today and it sucked…

All of the cheesy SanFransico RUSH 2049 racing turned me off. To each his own I suppose.

dunno…looked very stupid from the commercials

:wstupid: I’m really suprised to hear that good of a review from you on this flick matt lol. Hmm i may trust your judgment and give it a shot afterall

Im still very iffy on speed racer to be honest. i might have to wait for more reviews on it on here.

Sorry my money is going towards Indy IV.

i heard it blows

Meh, the trailers turned me off… and the reviews insofar have confirmed it other than this particular one.

If You’re paying, I’ll go.

If you are a meathead you probably won’t think this movie is as good as it is. It actually has some depth but keeps its cartoon roots with the dialog and camera angles/transitions.

If you aren’t a speed racer fan, or know the speed racer series, you probably won’t like the flick or at least won’t understand how good it is. At least that’s what 2 of my coworkers say and they are more nuts about Anime and the Genre than I am.

Case in point, one of them was guiding me through the first trailer about the subtle differences in versions of the cars and how one scene showed an ealier version of hte Mach 5 and another scene showed a different version.

For the record, I have not seen it yet myself so this is just going off of 2nd hand reports.

This movie looks terrible

for what it costs to go see a movie these days, I’ll wait til it comes out on DVD and rent it for a couple bucks. whats the going rate for a theater ticket these days? gotta be around $8 by now and then by the time u figure in a couple snacks and such…

$13 for IMAX

I’ll add it to my Netflix queue when it comes out but wouldn’t go see it at the theater.

And now you’ve heard that it is a “masterpiece” too. :gotme:

but I’m sure you will keep telling people about the negative comments, not the positive ones. :wink:

x…

I want to take the GF to see this, I hope she hates it.

I need to get her back for taking me to see 27 dresses.

LOL ^

I actually think it looks pretty rad. I’ll go see it