sr engine build

im in the middle of tearing down my engine and rebuilding it and i was wondering what manual i should use. i heard of a couple that people say should work and i would like to know what someone who has built an sr used. im just doing the bottom end for now and want to knwo clearences and and tourque specs.

thanks scott

get a factory manual. if you search you should find it on the net…

peace

The FSM will do that for you.

That’s what I used when I did mine, but I think I lost it when I formated my HD last year. I’m sure it’s available for DL somewhere, or somebody here still has it.

I have it, and there is still a site that is hosting them all, or most of them. If you are desperate, I’ll try and send it to you.

dan i want that too

i have the s14 factory service manual. i cant find the s13 one anywhere. iv also heard from a tuner shop that a infinity g20 manual will work as well can anyone confirm this.

thanks scott

Ya I did a bit of searching, I have the S14 one too. Apparently the S13 SR20DET FSM hasn’t been in circulation for many many years now, nobody’s got it!

My bad.

FYI
S14 FSM works on S13 SR for the block

ok so the s14 fsm will work for the bottom end. What about the head for future reference. I might be putting some stage 2 cams in as well depending on what i have left for money but what would i use then for the cams.
Or even for putting the stock cams back in.

thanks scott

The tolerances and specs in the head are generally identical too IIRC. There are difference in the head design in terms of journals and flow, but general rebuild/build specs should be the same. The cams you get might even have installation instructions!

You’ll need to get timing down perfectly. I’d say if the motor you have was running fine, look at the timing now, mark it at TDC, then reset it at TDC with the same timing when you install / re-install cams.