Sr heads interchangeable?

I searched the threads to see if I could answer this question but I couldn;t find anything. I was wondering if the heads from an s13 would fit onto a s14 block? If anyone knows or can direct me to a thread where this question was already answered that would be great thanks.

Jon

SR20forum.com

But I believe some of the oil/coolant passages may be different.

Thanks so much for the help

Is there a thread on there that I should search to find it easier.

I have been all over the sr20forum threads and i can;t find an answer to this question

will not work…s13 red and s13 black will interchaneg each other, but s14 onto s13 wont.

ok I think i might be misunderstanding you for some reason…you are saying that a S13 head will bolt onto an S14 block?

No,what "slipperysilvia " is saying is that s13 red top and s13 black top will bolt on but if u want to use s14 block it’ll NOT going to bolt on s13 red top and s13 black top.

thank you for clearing that up for me…what sucks is that i was told that the s14 block could have any of the heads bolted to it…so now i am stuck with this s14 block which i have read isn’t the greatest for big build ups…here is the thread that told me the heads woul dfit the s14 block

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29283&highlight=sr20det+block

There is nothing wrong with an S14 block, it can take as much punishment as an S13. I think the issue some people have is they dont like the VTC if they are looking to make 500+hp. It is easily deleted though.

The head might be harder to find, thats about it.

Im going to break this down as simple as I can…

I bought a bare S14 block six months ago…

I don’t have a head for it yet…

Can I just use a S13 head?

sorry to break it too you buddy but you got screwd

i have a friend who picked this up beacuse it sounded like a steal for 150 but upon inspection heres what we found

• First off its not even a det block. if you noticed, the spots where the stock oil and coolant turbo lines would bolt to the block have not even been drilled out. if you notice the return port that has been siliconed to the oil pan its obvious they took this from a sentra/200 or whatever and tried to rig it up for a top mount set-up or something of that nature

• Second of all, the “forged” pistons are nothing but the stock pistons. someone (possibly the seller) took a grinder and ground them flat. You can still see the oem numbers on the top of a couple which is what we used to varify what motor it actually really was

-thirdly…i cant really remember but im pretty sure theres some chunks broken off the block. Plus if youve opened it up at all you will realize that there are some broken bolts and missing parts (oil squirters?)

needless to say that thing went back in a hurry…and you definatly should have done your research before you made your purchase

and to awnser your question NO

s13 block + s13 head = okay

s14 block + s13 head or vice vera = NO

Thank You Very Much

Just a side not, the seller in this thread is the guy who lied to me about the block, be careful if you are thinking of buying from him in the future

http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showt…=sr20det+block

i pm’d about the price on my s14 head