Sr loss of power

Ok guys this all started a week ago when I was having some problems with my o2 sensor. I changed the O2 but now for some reason when I accelerate up to 5000 rpm I loose all boost then my afr goes nuts.

If this is a timing issue what would cause a sudden loss of timing?

I tried my buddy’s mines ecu and the same thing happens but at 4500 rpm. It actually happend with his ecu first now it happens with my stock ecu.

Im using a safc 2 on a stock ecu. 550cc inj , z32 MAF, megan fuel pressure regulator, walbro fuel pump.

dude this happined to me a while ago, to tell you the truth. my intake cone was EFFED and i bought a new one it was like my car blew to life again. its kinda crazy…kinda odd but maybe clean yours out. or buy another.

Ok guys this all started a week ago when I was having some problems with my o2 sensor. I changed the O2 but now for some reason when I accelerate up to 5000 rpm I loose all boost then my afr goes nuts.

If this is a timing issue what would cause a sudden loss of timing?

I tried my buddy’s mines ecu and the same thing happens but at 4500 rpm. It actually happend with his ecu first now it happens with my stock ecu.

Im using a safc 2 on a stock ecu. 550cc inj , z32 MAF, megan fuel pressure regulator, walbro fuel pump.

dude this happined to me a while ago, to tell you the truth. my intake cone was EFFED and i bought a new one it was like my car blew to life again. its kinda crazy…kinda odd but maybe clean yours out. or buy another.

I think its my boost controller i have to confirn it tho but it looks like it so far

ok guys Im stumped because I eliminated the boost controller and im still having the same problem. Loss of boost at around 6000rpms this time . My afr changes from 11.8 :1 to 15.8:1 .

possible scenarios:

Regulator… would not cause a sudden loss of boost!!

Boost controller . …Ruled Out!!

Waste gate?..How do I find out?

Turbo? … Doesn’t smoke, It doesn’t make noise …

Boost leak? if so why the sudden loss? AFR should be rich as hell !

please help guys

My car was having similar problems. It happened to be some wire touching and shorting out each other on the MAF harness.

what pressure do you have the FPR set at ?

going from 11.8:1 to 15.8:1 means something is seriously wrong and myself, I’d lean towards it being a fuel issue since you run a bit rich but then BAM its lean.

have you tried adding fuel with the SAFC to see if the 15.8:1 goes down and gets richer ?

only other thing I’m thinking of since you say “total lose of boost after 6000rpm” is the Waste Gate is opening and dumping the boost… so you may want to inspect the internal gate and make sure its working proper/hooked up right.

[QUOTE=Jedi_Car_Fan;229348]what pressure do you have the FPR set at ?

going from 11.8:1 to 15.8:1 means something is seriously wrong and myself, I’d lean towards it being a fuel issue since you run a bit rich but then BAM its lean.
[QUOTE=Jedi_Car_Fan

It goes lean because there is almost no air going in the engine so the afc goes to the low throttle setting but its no danger because Im in vacuum when this happens.

You’re losing fuel, bad walbro maybe? It would make sense that the stock ecu runs out later then the mines because it would be less taxing on the pump because of the tune.

Thats my thoughts anyways… I’ll be honest I didn’t think to hard about it so I may be way off :slight_smile:

Just fixed this on my R32.

It is likely the MAF.

if u use an oiled cone filter, the oil gets sucked onto the maf wires. it will run lean on high rpm cuz it doesn’t sense the air flow since the oil is covering it.

If that is the case, get a can of electrical contact cleaner and spray it down … heck, use half a can… it will likely solve ur problem.

check also the MAF reading. it should be smooth and not reading low numbers at 5000rpm. at stock boost i remember my SAFC topping out 75% under WOT… if u are getting like 40% at 5000 rpm, then u have a MAF problem.

Also, with SAFC, u can do the REV - Y graph. this will show you a graph of how your airflow is measured as per RPM. this should be a rising rate and hp like map.

At idle, ur maf should read no more than 2% and no less than 1%.

Hope this helps.

John

HOLY SHIT MAN!!!

ahahaha This was my EXACT problem!! I fixed it yesterday and now I see that you’ve posted it and i didn’t check lol lol thanks a lots tho.

[QUOTE=Thats my thoughts anyways… I’ll be honest I didn’t think to hard about it so I may be way off :)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha thats funny but thanks for the input anyways

PROBLEM FIXED. Oil on MAF