sr powersteering belt

hey i got my car last night and the guy said he doesn’t like powersteering so he took them belt off the pump and ive never had such a hard time trying to drive a car!

so im going to crappy tire soon or somewhere to buy a new belt for the pump. i have no idea what # belt or style i should get because i dont have the old one to compare it to. so can someone help me out real quick. its a blacktop s13 sr20. let me know! thanks in advance.

you sure it’s just the belt that’s missing, or is it a '89/90 model that’s missing the high pressure PS line?

edit: just realized you bought that '92 from the forum… disregard…

its a late model (type x) S13 blacktop.

i looked online and i cant find anything on belt #'s and stuff. but i do know now that they are “v belts”.

there are packages online you can buy that includes all the belts like alternator, power steering and a/c. but since i dont have a/c i only need the 2 belts.

does anybody know where i can just get some v belts that will fit? and part numbers?

Belts: (PS, AC, alt) Gates K050370 Alt. K040345 PS & AC

Carquest

hey man im kind of confused. is Gates the manufacturer? and the the two belts for the PS and A/C are the same right? so i only need one K050370 and one K040345 since i dont have A/C.

yes that is right

perfect! thanks alot, ill go get them tomrrow!

you wouldnt know any prices by any chance? like the ballpark for both of them?

ok so i bought the belts and im ready to put the powersteering belt on and im looking for the tensioner and i find it under the powersteering pump but the long screw that does the tensioning is threaded into a smaller perpendicular screw that slides on the rails to adjust the position (+/- tension) but that nut on the screw was missing so i couldnt tension it anyways :frowning: im going to take it off and try to find a matching nut for that thread so i can put it on. i found a picture of the tensioner bolt on the internet so everyone can see what i am talking about:

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/5002/dscn00201otne7dn9.jpg

the following picture is from a KA ps pump but its the same idea:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9030/dscn00172ifrz5wq0.jpg

so off to some store that i can find a matching nut for that tensioner bolt! :frowning:

since it was cold outside i just looked around for where the tensioner bolt is for the alternator drive belt and i think i saw it but im not sure. does anyone know where it is and where i should look next time?