SR wiring, so close!

So the engine works. I was driving around for a while, and after about 40min, my car dies. RPM’s just drop, and it goes off. Wont start again.

I figured out it was the battery. The battery is being constantly drained by something (probably a short circut). I am just not sure where or how to go about finding it.

The gauge cluster has 3 lights constantly on. The parking break, the oil pressure, and the “door open” lights. These are on with keys, without keys, and in the off position.

There are 4 things that I think may be the problem.

1. the three black wires. my buddy and i only used 1 of the wires for ground, because it was the only one that had continuity. Is that wrong? I have heard that if you screw up with those black wires you will fry things (ecu, ignitor etc.) I dont want to mess around. I have also hear that I am supposed to use all 3 wires. But to me that does not make sense because the other 3 wires dont have continuity.

2. the 2 connectors near the battery area. There are 2 connectors, (deal with ignition amongst other things) located in the batter area. When they are unpluged, the lights go off, however I cannot start my car. I am using the plugs from the SR harness. I dont THINK I am supposed to splice the KA ones at this point. Heavy throttle does not say anything about these.

3. the idle air control wire from the SR (black/yellow) has NO matching wire on the KA harness. I have looked at the harness over and over, checked wiring diagrams, and the fsm. The only (black/yellow) wire deals with AC! I have no idea where to put the SR wire now, and have no idea what to connect to the KA.

4. my alarm system. I am not sure how to fully disconnect it. and it may be draining something.

These are the only problems. The car works, the idle is messed up (idle air control) and if i had another battery it would work with this setup. The batter just drains alot, and after about 1/2 hour the car dies.

I am sooooo close!!! Someone pleaaase help me. :smiley:

Ground… GROUND… GROUND!!!

If ANYTHING in the car is not grounded properly you’re going to get all kinda of weird shit going on. The wires are there for a reason, ground them!

Like last night when I was putting in the deck, I hooked up the power before the ground and the light for my clock came on (dimmer than normal but still on) and the interior light. That was just the radio not being grounded!

Cars do NOT like to have things not grounded properly, you’ll have all kinds of weird gremlins if you don’t do it right.