SR20 questions..

Okay so i am not sure if i want to get an SR engine or any Japan only engine…the reason is this…

Okay if i do get one it will be next summer but my main fear is this,that i get the engine what happens if it breaks or some wierd problem? i cant take it to some shop here would i have to take it to a speical shop to fix things witch will just cost extra$$$… i live a bit more then an hour from toronto so if my car did break down ide have to tow my car all the way to toronto to fix the SR engine at a speical shop? …and how hard are parts to find for this engine?

what about spark plugs,air filter,oil filter?..how would i order these items at a normal parts store if its a japan only engine? would people even know what i am talking about ?

i just dont get it …can someone with experince please shed some light on this for me? .thanks

these parts are cross compatible with domestic Nissans.

as for a Mechanic, you download the FSM and basically most mechanics can do it, turbo experience never hurts though

I personally have had 1.5 trouble free years with my SR, just stupid stuff like replace the Cam Angle Sensor (accident damage), Varun hooked me up. Replace the turbo gasket, available from Nissan (same as the 300ZXTT one)

thanks for some info…i am just really coccerned about some of this stuff when buying a jdm engine…i dont want to end up with problems all the time and no where to go to get them fixed except speicalty shops witch will charge ass load $$$

No one seems to stand behind they’re motors like Varun (slipperysilvia), and he’s a very active son member.

Sht, he even helped me with difficult to source parts and I didn’t even buy my motor from him

just keep in mind that sr20’s were also in domestic nissans… just not the turbo version

so a lot of parts are cross compatible

then keep in mind that there are many many many of these motors around and you’d be hard pressed to find a decent mechanic who couldn’t work on an SR20.

i see,…well im talking to varun soon abot it too