sr20 starting problem cash reward if you come fix it.

recently instaled sr20 black top e5 ecu
will not start wont evena ttempt to start

car has fuel at rail
fuel lines are not backwards
car has 12v power to the maf,
injectors have power and click if you overide or whatever
cas timing is perfect

1# spark plug gets spark #2,3,4 do NOT, #3 coil pack gets really warm while 2 and 4 stay cold, and my ignitor gets red ho,t so hot u cant even touch it. stock ignitor (from japan or whatever)

my block is grounded to the chassis, the ground strap to the fire wall is attatched. and my coil packs are grounded aswell. am i missing some grounds?

all the fucking car does is turn over about once every 3 days it will cough here and there
thought it might be spark plugs changed them and made no difference.

also i dont think i am getting injector pulse from the ecu because i can crank it over and then pull the spark plugs and there bone dry, sometimes #1 is wet with fuel but mostly there always dry.

is my ecu no good, or iginitor?

all my nessesary wiring for an sr swap as been properly soldered and insulated

i dont know what in the feck to do glorious rewards in the gazzilions for the first person to get it running im rattled as shanny is only 7 days away now

help this man!!!

remove your cas and turn it manually by hand. you will hear each injector click aswell as your coils. this will give you a more accurate diagnostic for your coils and injectors. since you said your injectors are working you should hear all of them click. and if your correct about your coils then only #1 should fire. then start to check your wiring, don’t know the procedure off the top of my head but you can find an fsm online and its got it. the things your going to want to look into are you CAS, ignightor chip, coils, ECU and wiring harness (fuses and relays)

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

btw CAS are common to get dirt and watter in them because most are cracked from importing and that will ruin the sensor and send false readings

very clean inside the cas :)n still no sart

test your ignitor chip

Try that ecu on a working SR, I had a bad ecu only fire the first spark plug.

touche, yet its an e5 from a 94-96 180sx black top. all my buddies have 61 or 63 red top ecus. im not 100 percent if that makes any difference but ill try it!!

This x2.

I had the exact same symptoms as you described, almost. I had a fucked E5 ecu. Swapped it with my old # 63 and it fired right up. Try swapping it out with a known good ECU (E5, 61,or 63 should all work)

I m not an expert. But if you have fuel pressure in your rail, and your injectors work, shouldn’t each cylinder be wet, not just cylinder 1.

so i reppind my ecu plug so that all 4 spark plugs were in the correct spot on the ecu, there suposed to be at 12 ,89 or somehting so now i have spark to all mycilinders. my fuel pump primes and gas is smelt. i pulled off the inlet hose and a bunch of fuel shot out so i know that my lines arent backwards. (or maybe they still are?)

now that i have spark its backfires like 10 or 11 times while cranking over but no start still. tryied another ecu(same asmine an e5) and another ignitor and made no difference

:S!!! $%^&%^&^%&&*

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

1,2 ,8,9

problem resolved thanks for the help everyone <3

i bet the main power feed to the fuel injectors has been cut.

What was wrong? Timing?

i discovered that the main power feed to the fuel injectors had been cut lol. alls well now!

Wow, I totally called that one. Gimme money! :slight_smile:

lol you edited your post!

another problem

you have to ground out the injectors basicaly make them tick to fill up the cylinder with fuel and it will start if u crank it for a bit. really hard to start but has a fucking perfect idle and you can rev the bag of of it runs amazing then u shut itoff, and it either will start up first try or not start up at all :s

fuel deliver issues? fuel filter? what chall think.

Faulty injector relay and possibly pump on its way out. That wasnt really an edit, I typed that in italics and smaller font, like this:

completely fixed had to add 12v direct power to the orange ingition wire. it was only getting a 7 volt reading