Sr20det no start

Hey son. So I have an s13 sr20det redtop that is no longer starting. I was getting quite a bit of black smoke before this happened. Idle was fine. It was a little sputtery at wot but ran fine other than that. Pulled codes from the ecu and I got a number 12 which is maf sensor. So I replaced it started it up and was about to go for a test drive. Pulled out of the shop, went to close it up and it stalled out. Went to start it up and nothing. Fuel pump wasn’t priming. Ran a straight 12v source with a fuse and a switch and it still wouldn’t start.

Things I’ve checked
I have voltage at my coils, injectors and fuel pump.

Just found an ecu pinout so I’ll check continuity on my ground signals for injectors and coils.

Anybody know how to test cas or ignightor chip?

Wait a minute, your fuel pump doesn’t run even when you run a direct power/ground to it? Wouldn’t that mean your pump is fried? lol.

No. Fuel pump runs fine just doesn’t start

Shitty buzz… If you need a hand me and Scott can come take a peek. Give me a call today if you want. 519-897-1337. Jay.

pulll the plugs out could be fouled

going to pull the plugs tonight and see what there like. also going to pull out the cas and spin it manually to see if the injector pulses

just pulled the cas and turned it manually with the key on and no injector pulse at all. im now leaning towards computer. i had the sr20 fsm at home but i cant get it on the comp im on right now. i dont think it could be anything else due to the fact that the fuel pump is controlled by the ecu. when this started the fuel pump cut out and when i turned the key it didnt prime. later that night i tried it again and it started up. the next day i went to try and start it and no luck. all the wiring checks out. also pulled the cover off the cas and it wasnt soaked with oil or debris. going to see if i can get a hold of a friends ecu and see how that goes

From that info, I would say it’s a safe assumption that the ECU is fucked. Either that, or there’s a short or some other malfunction with your CAS internally somewhere.

i got an ecu for sale let me know

got it working agian. turns out i just needed to mess with the diagnostic/idle dial on the ecu. red light comes on and i have injector pulse. now time to see how far it will hold up without fucking up again

So I don’t know what to do anymore. I have fuel. I have spark. Cas is good as well as ecu. Going to check fuel pressure tomorrow. The only things I can think of now is not enough fuel, too much fuel or not enough air

Solved. Computer took a shit