SR20DET oil pressure upon first start up.

I just installed the motor into the car, and upon first start up it is not getting any oil pressure. I checked the oil pan for dents and there is nothin. Is this a commen problem? do i need a new oil pump? Help i need this car goin!

crank it over with the cas unpluged for a bit.

we did that.

yea u probably need a new pump…and do u have a oil pump gauge hooked up?

no oil pressure gauge hooked up yet, but we are doin that tomorrow. but there is no oil getting to the top of the motor. so no pressure.

try pouring oil into the lower turbo oil line hole in the block to prime it.

you gotta prim it like a mother fucker i had the same problem i primed it 4 times then removed the valve cover to make sure i was getting oil to the top

Yeah we primed it today, and if we were giving manual pressure to it, it ran fine oil light would go off and stuff, but as soon as we disconected the manual pressure it lost pressure and the pump did nothing.

remove the oil pan … the remove the oil pick up thing … clean it out … then grab the pan and small piece of wood and bend the oil pan outwards enough so you have a little hump right about where the pick up is … then put everything back together and try it again if this time it doesnt work then for sure is the oil pump

Yes has worked many many times for both myself and Rob.