SRT8 Jeep > E39 M5

So I’m cruising to the Nissan dealer today to get the last few parts I need to finish up dmoffitt’s POS… err 350z :wink: when this kid in a rusty civic hatch rolls up next to me on the highway, clearly trying to get me to run. My reaction? :roflpicard:

Anyway, he hits it and takes off as I move to get off the highway, pull through a few lights and see an SRT8 Jeep. The owner pulls away hard and make a few cuts to catch up. As I roll up to the light I don’t think he even noticed me, until I have a slight blip on my final downshift. He looks over as I toss a :tup: he returns and about half a second later the light goes green. As I suspect the guy POUNDS it off the line. I get a shit launch (oh those tricky driving skills :eekdance:) with a ton of wheel hop in 1st and just slap second and boil the tires. At this point his gap goes from a car and a half to about 4 cars when I finally start accelerating. He’s out of range when I grab 3rd and shut it down. This was a surface street afterall :wink: Throw a :tup: to him as I headed past when he was making his turn and made the “wheelspin” motion which he seemed amused by. None the less good run, about what I expect from a dig.

Those things are no joke!

nice write up. I am in love with those jeeps!

nice haha :slight_smile:

I actually like those jeeps, they look pretty good :tup:

Whoa I heard those were pretty slow. They are sexy SUV’s :tup:

Niceeeeeee I love the fact that this jeep dusted the m5

<3 jeeps. /newmanconversation.

Too bad they are fucking useless for towing with the exhaust right in the center…

Good story though.

NICE! I knew they were badass suvs.

if you REALLY wanted to tow you could always just make a removable exhast tip and mount your tow hook…

I’ve had a Jeep SRT8 out at my Mosport lapping days. In the hands of a skilled driver, they are fast in corners and he put a few cars to shame!

Nope!

there is a local srt jeep that always came to lancaster last year with a bunch of boltons and a trunk full of NX bottles. Maybe he sprayed on you. He was running 6’s at the track…

Raced a SRT10 quad cab auto in the SRT4 and it was almost dead nuts.

Raced a silvarado max(345hp 6.0) in the cobra and I was sad that I only pulled like 2 cars from 50-110. I was much sadder/impressed that a non performance GM truck kept up that good with my cobra.

The GM could’ve been supercharged though, I remember a procharged 6.0 2500 HD.

I think I remember that one…Was it black? Those things fucking rip:scott:

Performance SUV’s :tup: I’d like to run an M but the opportunity hasn’t arisen.

Joe, I’d be glad to run you (dig and roll) sometime when I’m in town.

:tup: if that was the result vs. an SRT8 then it would be a good race vs. me NA if he was stock. Sounds good.

yeah theres a srt8 jeep that runs at lancaster dragway, it runs high 5’s low 6’s…pretty impressive for a SUV