SSC ultimate Aero

top speed test runs in nevada
http://www.shelbysupercars.com/multimedia.php#nevada

car looks siq. supposed to attempt world record @ the end of august

car is beuatiful lambo like in the front.

funny because that car has our companies brakes on it…8 piston front and 6 piston rear…if I could ever afford one there would DEFINATELY be one in my driveway

the back looks like the diablo. siqqqqqqqqq

I designed those brakes:) Cool to see some shit you did on a project.

indeed you did design those…probably the best caliper we have there in my opinion

Stupid kit car with focus headlights, ugly as shit too. I dont care how fast it is, it blows donkey dick.

[quote=“05OrangeSS,post:5,topic:33467"”]

indeed you did design those…probably the best caliper we have there in my opinion

[/quote]

Could have done better if my hands werent tied. I am working on some individual pad per piston variations that will make those look like shit. Had to use those shitty 3/4 and 1 ton pads with junkbox backplate designs. The 8 piston, which is huge, has a maximum piston size of 1.5625"x4 for 7.66in^2 total piston area. By doing an individual pad per piston design I can get the max piston size up to 1.75". 1.75"x3 for 7.21in^2. So basically I can get 95% of the piston area in a 6 piston caliper body which is almost the exact same external dimensions of a stoptech st-40 of which that amount of piston area is just rediculously unusable in a car application. This means wherever a st-40 fits you can throw my 6 piston in and have more stopping power that stoptech st-60. All of the high end race cars are doing it to awesome effect. With a individual pad per piston design you dont have taper wear problems and multple leading edges that increase feel along with fact you get better cooling of the friction material. You lose about 5 percent pad area but the cooling makes up for it. So basically I am designing a 6 and 4 piston individual pad per piston caliper family that is very similar in design to the v4,6,8 series . Neat thing is I am also working on a piggy back rear parking brake setup that will allow me to hydrauliclly deactivate a cross set of pistons in the rear calipers so you throw away shitbox parking brake rotor/drums. So if you use 4-6 piston calipers the rear ones have 4 hydraulic pistons and 2 mechanical pistons. Super clean setup because all the calipers will look the same. If you use a set of 4 piston calipers then the back two calipers will have 2 hydraulic pistons and 2 mechanical pistons. I have been super busy but I hope to have them at SEMA next year for the fun of it. First cars they go on are going to be Evo’s and STI’s. Still cant believe SSBC outwardly refuses to sell to imports. This is all just doodling on the side for now but as soon as I get settled in my job I can get going on it. Also looking at doing a water cooled caliper option too. Just depends on if I do them billet or cast them. Tell Bub I said whats up and that I graduated.

Forgot to mention I am going to do them off of wilwoods dynalite single pad that is cheap and has a dickload of compounds.

[quote=“MPD47,post:6,topic:33467"”]

Stupid kit car with focus headlights, ugly as shit too. I dont care how fast it is, it blows donkey dick.

[/quote]

MISSING THE PART WHERE IT IS A KIT CAR

Chassis & Body

<b>Layout:</b>
  				Mid-Engine/Rear Drive
  			 					 						<b>Body/Frame:</b>
  				Carbon Fiber/Composite/Steel Space Frame
  			 					 						<b>Brakes:</b>
  				Front: 14.0" Vented Slotted Discs/8-Piston Caliper. 
  				Rear: 14.0" Vented Slotted Discs/6-Piston Caliper.
  			 					 						<b>Wheels:</b>
  				Forged 3-Piece Alloy 19x9-1/2" Front, 20x13" Rear
  			 					 						<b>Tires:</b>
  				Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
  				Front: 235 35 (YR)19.
  				Rear: 335 30 (YR)20.
  			 					 						<b>Steering:</b>
  				Rack and Pinion, Assisted
  			 					 						<b>Turns, Lock to Lock:</b>
  			 					 						<b>Turning Circle:</b>
  				41.6 ft.
  			 					 						<b>Suspension:</b>
  				Front: Unequal Length Upper and Lower A-Arms, Coil Over Springs, Remote Reservoir-Adjustable Penske Coil-Over Shocks, Cab Controlled Air Lift, Anti-Roll Bar.
  				Rear: Unequal Lengths Upper Rocker and Lower A-Arm, Adjustable Coil-Over Springs, Remote Reservoir-Adjustable Penske Coil-Over Shock, Anti-Roll Bar.

[quote=“66impalass,post:9,topic:33467"”]

MISSING THE PART WHERE IT IS A KIT CAR

[/quote]

It started out as some shit project in a guy’s garage, the “company” is still based out of his house, two of these exist and knowing a few people that have seen them in person, and having seen detailed photos of it, the build quality, and “finish” is on par with your average kit car. I wasnt implying it’s a “kit car” to the exact definition, but that’s about the quality level it’s on. Plus it’s ugly.

All the acceleration claims are bs, I find it hard to believe that this rwd car will do a 9sec 1/4 mile with 19 inch rims. To top it off they say its top speed is 274 based on a NASA wind tunnel estimate. None of the claims are based on actual performance, just estimates.

Shelby Supercars, LLC is in no way affiliated with Carroll Shelby or Shelby North America.

I wonder if 'Ol Shel knows what’s going down heah :meh:

[quote=“MPD47,post:10,topic:33467"”]

two of these exist

[/quote]

looks like 3 of them there, plus 2 other ones in diffrent pictures.

Meh, my statements are based on my previous knowledge of the situation as to be quite honest, I dont give a flying fuck about this ugly piece of shit. It could go 300mph and cost $50k, I still wouldnt buy one.