ssdragon dyno

heres what i got, cant wait till i get another done post turbo

Cool so what were the exact numbers.

Looks like the HP is still climbing. Is that redline?

is your car N/A

Yes

wow you should raise your shift points

edit- and you would totally smoke me :bigthumb:

yeah thats really good for a NA cobalt. good luck on the turbo thing

x2

yeah im n/a just intake and exhaust. my automatic isnt too bad i guess, the 5 speed counterpart to me is only 10 more hp down so i was happy, alot of manuals are much higher than the autos, ill keep you updated on the turbo project, the kits should be coming out in the next few months here . the dyno guy said im still climbing at redline and when the tuning becomes more widely available i am gonna raise it a little more but nothing too drastic since i wanna keep it safe as possible.

watch yourself with the turbo, high compression + a lot of boost don’t mix too well.

good luck man!

well thats one thing i have to be really careful about, the kits coming out will be coming with the 16g turbo i think but what i might do is go with an 18g turbo initially as a substitute to the 16g. the kit will probably let me know what is a safe psi to go on that they found with their testing but im thinking 7 psi tops until i lower the compression down to maybe 8.8:1 or somewhere around there. and also buld the tranny to handle my goal of about 350whp. thats gonna be a while a way though, the good thing is most of the internals are already forged from the factory so i should be safe riding around on 7 psi for a while until i can get the cash to make more power.

I’ve got to say, you’re making about 30 more HP than I’d have expected. Sorry about being an ass about it.

Yeah it makes me realize how much my car sucks :smiley: stock for stock your producing around the same hp numbers with 2 less cylinders. Atleast GM’s on the ball with something.

well its a cool car as far as power goes although it feels like it could use some more top end power which i think the turbo will solve, but even right now i have traction issues that i need to address too and the handling needs some improvment but overall i am happy i traded mt 2002 celica gt-s for it cuz this car can run circles around that thing but the celica had it going on in the handling dept

good luck with ur turbo setup thats a big 4 banger even with a 16g u would make nice power and it will spool fast. but i must say even though u got forged internals im assuming that the compression ratio is high right? if so the 16g spools very fast and ur peak tourqu is going to come on fast and hard it is not linear at all , so get some new pistons at the least to lower ur c/r or ur going to brake something

The only forged internals are the connecting rods. I don’t know about your crankshaft. The LSJ cranshaft IS forged, but the 2.4 has a different one from the 2.0 and I do not believe it is forged. Pistons definitely are not.

yeah i think the crank is forged and the pistons are not but the dyno guy said they can take some heat still i forgot what he called them but they arnt the average piston i guess, i think im gonna lower my compression to 8.8:1 but i should be fine running on the reccamended psi for the kit whatever that may be somewhere form 6-8 psi i would guess, i might keep the 16g if i can keep it without having to change it for my goal later on

swaintech those bitches!

16 g should be plenty, 14b should be plenty,

14b puts 3100lb dsm’s low 11’s