SSmokinSS; Because Race Quad…

Dan and I did a quickie of SSmokinSS hybrid race quad Sunday, the dirt bike is ridden by his sister who is a pretty awesome rider herself. I gotta admit, I’m super jelly of his track and riding area.

borrowing your thread instead of making my own …

looks like a fun place

wow dan # 7 is soo perfect

jims colors seem to be alot warmer, you two switched up styles lol

i’d like some info on this beast!
obviously a 250R chassis, but what did you pillage for the motor?

well… is the dirt bike chic hot?

The quad is a PRP 250r geometry chassis set up for a yz motor. It has a Yz426 motor with a 445 big bore, high compression piston, cammed etc. Runs on race gas. Gibson long travel front end, roll design/pep long travel rear end. Flip top subframe etc. etc.

The quad was built in 2004. It was used for the nationals by a Pro before the 450
s (other then the 450r) were in production. I forgot the pro’s name that had it built/owned it and Im not the one who bought it from him. I bought it in 2007 from a guy in penns. I changed alot of it since I bought it.

2 years ago I started parting it out, to get up some funds for my wedding. Well, I told the wife if I still had 75% or more of the quad left, after our wedding I was putting it back together. I just got it back together last week, after having the whole quad scattered in parts for over 2 years. I am not happy with the front end, as it had a Roll design Lobo 2 long travel front end on it with Axis shocks before. I am going to sell this front end on there now, and get my old front end back but thats serious money.

it eats babies doesn’t it?

It needs to be rebuilt. It is down on power. I have owned it for 4 years and havent rebuilt it yet. I stripped 5th gear, a week after I bought the quad and I havent fixed that either. To be honest, the quad is nasty fast 1-4 that I never could get in 5th anyways, so I never fixed it.

My dad has a 89 fully built 250r. My quad is much lighter then his.

Its the fastest quad I have ever ridden/owned. Its a workout just trying to keep it straight.

and I have owned a 450r, a few 250r’s including a fully built lonestar 250r that had a CT350 motor on it.

I should’ve made a quick 30 second video clip of this thing so everyone could hear the single cylinder thumper doin’ work. It sounds great when you’re giving it the cookies.

haha yah the thing is loud. You guys are welcome back, whenever you want. My sisters boyfriend that showed up walking his dog has a insane track in a open field at his house. He is a pretty talented rider.

Dan, you forgot a photo…

who took the picture of my almost going over the bars in the corner? I wanna see it haha

I had fun riding the 6X6 :lol Thing is like a tank.

Is his track the one on Devil Rd? I saw one on Google Earth that looked pretty good. I think Dan has that shot lol.

Great pics. Really miss my quad a lot. Started to run out of places to ride and people to ride with so it had to go :(. Someday ill get another one.

Same here.

he lives in stillwater right off buttermilk falls road.

Ah, not the same one then.

going riding again sunday with my cousin. Only this time its going to be a mud bath lol

badass quad smokin.

Sick pictures like usual guys

Take the 6X6 out and see if you can get it stuck. Post pics. :lol

thanks john.

Jim, there is a picture floating around on the internet from when I was a kid and I borrowed my grandfathers 350 fourtrax. I burried the thing in a river over the handlebars and still rode out of the river, flawless. The thing was a Beast! All time awd. Man that thing was fun for mudding.

That quad ended its life when I let a friend ride it, and he decided to park it ontop of a nasty hill, in neutral with no E brake on. As I was coming up the hill on my 3 wheeler, the 4 wheeler was coming down the hill, flying by me with NO ONE ON IT! It ended up flying off the cliff, landing upside down in tree’s below. I freaked the fuck out. Pulled the thing out of the tree’s and ended up riding it back home, mangled. Long story short, I will just say im not friends with that kid anymore for other reasons!

that reminds me, you and dan should have snapped a Pic of that hill on my track so people could see how steep this thing was.