Star Trek Review

This movie is great, it def makes up for the disappointment of last weeks Wolverine.

Will see again.

Never watched a single second of Star Trek the show or any movie. Will not be watching this.

Who cares? Dont post here than. I thought the movie was great and will be seeing it a third time tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Remember… The geek will inherit the earth

agreed. I think Star Trek is awesome and I am totally anti dweebie-comic con-nerdo-freako-types

im not a star trek fan and i saw this movie last night…
i can honestly say you would be doing youself a disservice not seeing it. It really was just a great all around movie. casting, effects, writing, special effects… all really really great. If i were you i would just see it to see it.

Will it be a problem if we do not follow the other story lines? I want to see it but am afraid I wont know wtf is going on

i was only big into next generation growing up, Patrick Stewart FTW. i hope they develop a new series based on this crew/timeline, i think it would be a big hit and pull non-trekies into Roddenberry’s legacy with the fresh look and more mainstream cast. Gene always used to use classically trained actors that weren’t movie stars, he used casts off the stage.

no, basic premise would be knowing the original cast, Kirk, Spock, Ohoura, Bones, Scotty ect. not to spoil it, but they’re creating a new timeline, and nothing really applies other than knowing who is who.

Alright, Ik all those. Looks like i’ll have to see it :slight_smile:

We’ll PM you when the come out with a Golden Girls movie then.

How was Ghosts of Girlfriends Past?

Thread win.
Beat out my goldengirls comment.
I’m on a telephone call at work and i LOL’d

i am excited to see it.

I have seen all of the Original Star trek and Next Generation Movies.

This looks epic and from the reviews it should be awesome.

i’ll be seeing it a second time today. absolutely amazing movie.

Saw it tonight. I’m not really a fan, and I loved it. Its a great movie.

:shrug: sorry I never got into the Star Trek thing, or the Battlestar Gallactica crap either.

However, I will say I did see this movie. I liked Chris Pine and his cocky attitude, the action/graphics were good but I just am not a fan of Star Trek so the plot and setting still gets a meh from me. I still say 7.8/10

I have never really seen the star trek series besides this movie and i must say the movie was awesome, i loved it and even if you have no idea what happened in past films it does not affect the sweetness of this movie. The good thing is you really dont need to no anything about it to understand it because its like starting from scratch.