Starting Problem 2.2L Subaru Legacy.....

Well I dont know what it is…maybe someone could fill me in

its a 1995 Subaru Legacy Wagon, 2.2L automatic

It has a DEI Auto Security System and it could be the culprit…

Well after it has been sitting for more then 4hr the car doesnt wanna start…I had to hold it in the start postion and it had to crank over like 30 times beofre it started. Once it started it sounds like it was running on 2 cylinder…but once warmed up it was fine…

Let me know what you guys think.

cranking but not starting? check fuel pressure. if not fuel pressure possible crank/cam sensor? Those can overheat and/or get bad signals causing terrible running conditions.

spark? Distributor maybe?

it will start but it takes it like 30 cranks before it start…its throwing a check engine light now so im gonna see what it is then maybe that would help me.

i will check the distrubutor…i have a extra one on had so ill give that a shot to night.

put in ‘on’ position for a like 30 seconds let the fuel pump “warm up” lol, and try it, same prob on mine…

i cut my remote starter out of my summer car, i had it in for about 3 months, and when i used it, the car felt like there was such a load on the alternator, and when i used my key it felt great. with your starting problem, prime the pump and see what happens, maybe theres crappy fuel pressure, change the fuel filter, often enough if you dump some fuel in the throttle body and the car all of a suddenly runs great, the pump mioght b your problem, you could even try taking a meter to check out spark readings, and using sum electrical connection cleaner from advance for like 1.25 never hurt either. my .02

sweet…Anyone know how to pull a cel code form the car without going to advance lol…the cars not register or inspected…kinda makes it obvious when im driving down the road ahhaha. let me know thanks

Advanced won’t have the specific code reader for this car. It’s pre-OBDII, and needs a Subaru-specific scan tool, or a scan tool suite that has Subaru software/connector.

oh man…it has a odbII port looking thing…lol

hmmmm…it shouldn’t have it. is it shaped exactly like the OBDII port?

yea for some odd reason its shaped like a odbII port and in the same location as my 1999 subaru legacy wagon lol…wierd shit

…______
/_______\

lol

its not as old but my 95 uses the obd2 scanner as well

i just switch out the coilpack/distrubutor thingy and it starts find now…and got shocked while doing that lol

if its a 95 it might be OBDII…Nissan did it with Maximas…they are ODBII but they just dont need to follow ODBII laws because the emissions laws are required for 96-newer…i bet is in an OBDII port

sweeet////!