Stealth Kit license plate cover

Agreed, and agreed.

I think the cop(s) would ass rape you on site with tickets or more if they catch you with one of these on there.

thats a neat thingā€¦ but i wouldnt prolly spend 500 bones on it though.

There are some creative alternatives here. Gluing leaves, using magnets to change letters, etc. They also show flippers and screens.

New York State Thruway cameras recorded a motorcyclist reaching around to cover his bikeā€™s license plate and spotted a car whizzing by with a Cheetos bag taped over the Florida-issued tag.

the number of obstructed plates reached a three-year high in 2023, data show, fueled by a sharp uptick in so-called malicious obstructionsā€”such as when a plate is bent back, or a C is turned into an O with a marker.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/sneaky-drivers-dodging-toll-cameras-cost-authorities-millions-5941fe31

The obstructions have reached a 3 year high, yet the article fails to mention how ridiculous the tolls have gotten. I have an EZ-Pass that is on automatic refill. Iā€™m not on the thruway a whole lot, just weekends mostly. It refills all the time, so I took a look at the toll pricing. Itā€™s $6.45 to go to Syracuse for the I81 exit, $11.28 with no EZ-Pass. I remember grabbing the paper slips (10-15 years ago) and the toll being around $2.50 or so, now itā€™s $11.28. Thatā€™s only a 451% increase. Keep raping your citizens NY.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve definitely gone up a lot, but I think your memory is off on the cost to go to exit 81. I started college in 96 and used to make that run between 81 and the 290 a lot to go home, long before ezpass, and I always made sure to have $5 and some change. I think it was $5.15.

As for the article, just add ā€œtoll evadingā€ to the long list of crimes NY isnā€™t bothering to enforce. Itā€™s a pretty easy solutionā€¦ post a cop near the reader and when he sees someone with an obstructed plate pull them over. Make it a serious crime where your car gets impounded if youā€™re found to be deliberately obstructing the plate with glue on fake leaves, a plate blocker etc. Very quickly people will get the message that itā€™s not worth the risk.

For the few people that gets caught manipulating their plate are gonna get f-ed in the a by the long dick of the law