License plate advertising?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100621/ap_on_hi_te/us_tec_techbit_electronic_license_plates

nothing screams a clean look like advertisements on your plates…

do we get paid too, since it’s our battery it’s running off of? -.-

Yeah and it could flash red if your inspection is expired or if you have ever done anything wrong ever in your life, just so people know. (The scarlet letter license plate.) No wait, that could never happen.

yeah im all for it, as long as the title fee becomes free, cars are no longer taxed and plates are free aswell.

fuck ny state, fire everyone who works for ny state and start from the ground up with pay per skill on the jobs.

budget crisis averted.

Classic example, connecting drain tile to the sewer at the end of my new driveway.
they had to dig a 3x3 round hole, and hook it in, simple work, so simple one guy did it. probabaly making i dunno 30$ an hour.

meanwhile 6 other guys stood around and talked making the same money

forreal. this place is ran by idiots and the locals dont do a thing about it but bitch.

That is absolutely retarded. People bitch about cell phones and distracted driving, and they want to put all kinds of flashy shit on the back of everyone’s car. I would expect this from California though.

NY and CA constantly battle it out for most retarded state. I can’t wait to see what NY comes up with to top this one.

Sounds easy to turn off. I like it.

F turning it off, Re program with something kick ass.

That could be pretty fun.

Like an image of an old tyme bank robber with speech bubble saying “mrraaaahhhh, can’t catch meeeee coppah”

I see this all the time.

New York City should be its own state, separate from New York State.

Clearly the solution we have all been searching for…

Yea, but I’m afraid fees would still go up, plus since they have this fancy new plate, we’ll have to pay for it if it becomes lost/stolen (who the fuck wouldn’t want to steal a cool led license plate and turn it in to something badass and sell it?)
Or maybe they just charge an assload for us to get them… because… they can…
granted I hate to say we don’t have a say in the matter, as we can vote people in and shit… but once they’re elected they really can do whatever the fuck they want it seems.

or if you could change it to things to say things to the guy behind you like “get off my ass fgget”

i <3 the hacking possibilities

LOL at both the plate concept as well as the fire all state employee concept. Both are equally retarded.

i could see that with civilian jobs but its not really a good idea with security jobs like police or corrections

this will not get rid of any fees for anything…CA is just as fucked as NY. They will just take that money on top of all the other fees and shit.

the advertisements dont turn on till you are stopped for 3 seconds(or minutes?) or longer. so while your in traffic they will all be “plates”. unless you are looking at all the parked cars on the side of the road it will not be any more/less of a distraction.

either way arent they concerned people could hack it and put a different “false” plate number on when they are running from the cops or something of that nature.

True. Idiots will find a way to be distracted by anything though.

It will be a cold day in hell before I make my car a mobile ad and pay for it. How would these things be powered anyway? I can’t see wiring them into unwilling people’s cars being doable, nor would people maintain any kind of battery powered device.

They have to pay a fee to drive around and be a mobile advertisement. Wow.