Steel Cities SCCA Test & Tune at Beaverun May 23rd

There are alot of open spaces for this yet, and I don’t think alot of people know how good of a event this really is. In short you can actually take time to set your car up properly and better yourself as a driver. Event is run on beaverun’s VDA. Usually the course is fairly simple yet open. Combining basic elements (sweepers, slaloms, etc) so you have a fair chance to test your car in steady state & transition cornering. If you’ve gone to the beaverun low key stuff, this is better. SCCA’s computer timer & display will be running all day so any changes you do will show accurately. People have got 25-30 runs before, usually because near the end of the day alot of people call it quits early. Your also allowed to switch cars with a friend, or if you want some help driving there will be a few veteran drivers to ride along. We have loaner helmets, and car will have to pass basic autox tech. Other than that things are pretty laid back compared to normal autox.

Rough schedule of the day.
7:00AM gates open
8:00AM check-in and informal tech will be starting.
9:30-ish will be a quick driver’s meeting.
9:45-10AM hope to have cars making runs by then.

We run for 8 hours, you have to work two heats. Trust me you’ll probably be tired of running before the day is over.

You must have a valid driver’s license, payment goes like so
$50 base price
+$10 for non-SCCA folks
-$10 for second driver sharing a car (-$20 for a third driver, etc…)

You must pre-register online. Once you do you’ll get a email on how to send payment.
http://www.steelcities-scca.org/Autox/schedule.asp

Hope to see some of you there!

I would love to be there to finish of my 2 month old kumho exsta ats’s…but my band has a show that day FTL!!

Why so expensive?!

Pricing for renting the VDA climbs yearly, I’ll say that much. However since the T&T is capped you’ll always get more runs than you can handle. A few of the beaverun low key events I’ve gone to recently I’ve barely got more runs than I would get at NHSCC because of how many people showed up, and that was $40 and no computer timer.

So this isn’t like one of the low key autocrosses I’m assuming? I’d really like to go up this Saturday since I finally have a day open.

Well if you didn’t pre-register you can’t just show up. You gotta contact Brian Huber and see if you can get on the waiting list. The event is sorta like the low key events. Except the course is much larger and the PC timer is involved. Most people get enough seat time where barely anyone is running by the end of the day lol.