Steering problem

new here, but i know my way around a 240,

it only happens when i’m curving to the right, steering gets loose and goes right and comes back left real quick, happens usually above 80km, it feels like your slippinf on ice, and you hit dry pavment (you know the feeling).

First thought it was the sway bar, link was broke, fixed it, then struts, changed em, still does it, i’m begining to wonder if i’m missing a tooth on the steering shaft.

thanks

Hmmm wow that sounds odd, ill look into my FSM and see what it says.

probobly a bushing somewhere…

does it feel like your back end is comming around? thats what mine feels like, its weird.

oops, sorry bout where i posted

It’s the front end, you can feel it in the steering wheel. Real weird

FSM says nothing about skipping or eratic grip.

I or someone else would have to drive it to further diagnose it.

check you ball joints

Inner and Outer Tie Rods.

i like that

“I or someone else would have to drive it to further diagnose it.”

I’ll check the tie rods and ball joints tomarrow, but last i checked they loked ok.

Im lost was that sarcasm or were you being serious?

no sarcasm, just liked the way you worded it.

if you want to give it a spin i got no problem, but i got to fix the exhaust leak first,

did you swap your motor?

check your power steering pressure lines… When you put the engine in, it’s very easy to damage them…

If you damage/pinch one of the lines, your power steering will only work for one side

How do you check the pump?

If it has HICAS - check that all out too at the rear. My wife’s '91 is doing a wierd dance like you describe on left hand turns only.

i thought this topic was dead,

the motors still the orginal, but my exhaust was rotted so i changed, but there’s a leak at the cat, flange is warped, sounds like crap, i’d be embaressed to let somebody else drive as is.

anyways, at speeds below 80 usualy it’s fine, steering is tight and crisp, same as my gold car, it above that when it get real funky.
I’ll test the power steering pump, if sombody tell me what to do

No Hicas on the car, its a 90.

thanks