steering wheel

I was wondering if i get a sparco steering wheel and take off
the sock one with the air bag and get pulled over buy the cops
and they see the wheel what could happen? want to know before
i get one. i know its no problem for a car with no airbag but not sure
for cars with them.

from my experience they wont care about the airbag because cops dont know half the shit that is in a car. but they will prolly be making sure your horn works so just make sure your horn is functional.

thanks, good to know

^ Yea, make sure you wire up the horn button. Besides, air bags won’t save you in an S-chassis lol bbq :slight_smile:

Its not the law to have an airbag lol My 180 doesnt have any.

ok in this case i have a question. I have a momo coarse wheel. The horn button is weird.

If i ground it and have the power wire hooked up the horn wont turn off. Now if i unplug the ground and just use the power it wont work unless its sticking out by 1cm. Other then that it doesnt work. Any suggestions?

I believe that it is the law to NOT remove any factory installed safety features.

ABS and airbags included.

I believe you can remove abs and air bags. Legally.

btw…give me your air bag please:)

you disagree with me…

I eat your babies now.

Too be honest i wasnt too positive on my claim, just something i heard.

Lmao.

I know for a fact. Removing ABS is NOT illegal. Not sure about bags how ever.

removing airbags is illegal in the US, so its probably illegal here too.

it probably is but u really wont get bothered about ur steering wheel. the horn cops will make u honk.

The horn button uses a ground switch. So you have it reversed. Have all the wires hooked up except the ground wire. Then wire the ground wire to the button side of the horn, so when you press down on the horn button, it will ground and trigger the horn.

technically if you do remove it, you need a letter from the mto stating a reason why you did… then you have to inform insurance…

but to each their own

horn button leagally doesnt have to be on the wheel either, i could not get mine to work so i rewired it to a button on the console