STi rear seats?

Is it true they don’t fold down? I thought it was standard for every car made today to do the 60/40 split. Any STi owners out there find this inconvenient? And if you have race wheels, how do you transport them (back seat? trunk? trailer?)

Tis true, but if you buy a jdm rear seat id does fold down. Shitty huh? I never understood, it would add what 200 on to the price of the car. Anyway most guys just have a hitch and a small trailer to transport their stuff.

yea, i find it annoying when im going snowboarding and such. :tdown: one of the only things i dislike about my car

Correct. Super inconvenient when I want to go snowboarding.

So how hard is it to get these JDM rears?

There is a guy on buffalo scooby that bought a seat in toronto from four star motorsports. I don’t know how many they had but i think he said they were around 200-300. Don’t quote me on the price though. Other than that i have never really looked into it.

hey, at least you STi people have the option of getting seats that fold down and a trunk. unless some one makes a gas tank relocation kit, im out of a truck as well as folding seats.

Correction, JDM seats don’t fold down, they have a center pass through like US WRX seats.

oh, that’s totally ghey.

Yea its kind of annoying I’d guess. But honestly, in my wrx I don’t think I’ve ever used the pass through, or said I wish my seats folded down. You can fit 2 wheels/tires in the trunk and 4 in the back seat though, just remember the trash bags…

my car has a lil pass thru and the seats dont fold down

One of the reasons I didn’t buy a sedan. The wagon seats fold down and there is a ton of room.

For practicality, I am leaning toward the wagon. However, A Stock is very inviting, and I doubt the wagon would be competitive in D Stock. Plus, 6 gears and the variable center diff sounds like fun.

Go with the pink Jim. On anything looser than tarmac you can literally point the car wherever you want it to slide.

+1

buy an s2k scoobies are awd and you dont want something practical now do you?

If I could, I would. But I need something that at least has the appearance of practicality…

Jim, the old Legacy seats fold down, you could pick up a set of those and have them reupholstered to match. They would have to be modified somewhat but maybe you could make it work. :wink:

is this happening sometime soon? dibs on leftover honda parts

Is it overly difficult to remove the rear seat back?
Is there a bulkhead or other obstruction that would defeat just pulling / unbolting / removing the rear seat back?

Obviously inconvenient in day to day life, but for snowboarding / raceday trips, why not?

The civic will go in one piece, so I don’t think there will be any leftover parts - but I’ll let you know what that is going down. I don’t see it happening before the season, most likely after the season is over.