STi totaled @ Lime Rock

fucking ricer with the clear tails. karma. lol.

no seriously. i thought those smart cars drove themselves at the track.

anyone can go fast with a awd car.

that sucks to see. but im sure its not a total loss. as long as the front driveshaft pulled out of the tranny and didnt get pushed in.

ive never been to limerock. but the blue wall of gardrails scared me a time or two at the glen. specially coming out of the boot.

I hope your kidding.

The tails aren’t clear.

Anyone can’t go fast with an AWD car

yeah, the red outer portion of the tail light seems to have broken off in the accident, you can still see the other tail is red.

:word:

That StI got JACKED UP!!!

lol sorry its football sunday :stuck_out_tongue:

its not too bad… but it would still probably be considered a total to an insurance company. it would make a nice rally donor.

lol id be willing to buy the tranny for a conversion on my wrx.

That sucks though, seeing something like that happen.

The guy who wrecked was a really nice guy and a good driver.As the day progressed the temps started to drop and the tires and track got cool and slippery. You push the limits all day sliding the car around the turns and all it takes is a small mistake.I was waiting to go on the track in the next time trial group and saw this and a few other previous wrecks,that kinda psyched me out.
Things happen very quickly at 90mph.The driver was exiting turn 9 going into the downhill and sudden snap oversteer swung him 180 degrees and hi went up on the grass and into the tire wall.
Yes the car is repairable the strut broke below the mount and the axel snapped off the tranny, the rest is body work.
AWD cars are definately more forgiving and easier to drive fast,but push hard enough and youll wreck any car. If I was driving a rear drive car I would have wrecked during the first session!

coming soon to a used corner car lot near you…an sti with excessive bondo an non matching paint, Someone run a car fax

Hope it wasnt his daily driver…

new bumpers, fender, door skins, lights…

seems like the only difficult body work should be the rear quarter panel, then paint.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/avs/Lime%20Rock/IMG_1861Medium.jpg

My name is castor.

“hi”

I felt bad for that guy. What car were you driving?

Yeah I fely terrible and looked at it as a warning! I was in the other silver 04 sti with the prodrive wheels,and you?

I was driving the silver EVO. Just curious how did you find out about nyspeed? Are you from the buffalo area?

pmed

Pictures are removed per user’s request.

so why bump it if the user’s doesn’t want attention brought to it?