Another 518 STi tragedy

Well, I don’t know if any have you heard or know the kid… I don’t know him well but him and Owens knew eachother. Connor the owner of a 04’ subaru blue sti was comming around the last bend off the bridge on guilderland avenue which the belived speed was over 90+MPH (a cop tagged him at the first bridge and said by the time he pulled out he was already in the accident which is maybe less than a quarter mile away so the cop was unsure of his exact speed at the accident scene)… from the looks of it and the accounts of the people we just talked to including a friend of mines father whos SUV connor hit at speed said he came around the turn there was no skidmarks untill the lawn where he went thru my friends fathers bushes and into his trailblazer completely destroying both the STi and the trailblazer. The site of the STi at AC bodyworks was deffiniatly unsettling… and the damage to the trailblazer was extremely bad as well, im just happy my friend or her family was not in the car

It seems as thou he came around the turn at speed, the car wasnt holding and went straight thru the trailblazer… and was pinned up against the tree, we have heard that connor is in intensive care and the status of the passenger was unknown, my friends father had just gotten home a few minutes prior to this happening… but from the look around the car it is possible that drugs/alcohol was involved

Regardless weather or not drugs/alcohol was involved lets hope the kid makes it through and learns his lesson

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Shady195/0925081335.jpg

thats nuts man

Thats a sad thing to happen to such a nice car. Hope your freind is ok and recovers soon.

Like I said I don’t really know the kid that well… I have seen him do stupid things in teh car before but this is just bad… the inside of the STi was deff disturbing

My friends dad’s trailblazer… no the tree did not do that, the STi did

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Shady195/0925081238b.jpg

fucking idiot

Like I told matt, I hope the kid makes it through but hes stupid for taking that turn that fast… and also i guess the trailblazer acctualy went airborn a few feet when the sti first hit it…

This is why young kids who think they can drive shouldent have these types of cars, yes they handle great but they do have limits… and this is why the premiums on these types of cars are so high

like i said i hope the kid makes it thru and learns his lesson…

Not all kids are that stupid when it comes to cars like this. Just going to throw that out there as I know there are a lot of younger members on this board.

With that being said, I hope the best for them and I am pretty sure the kid learned his lesson by now. I hope he pulls through.

Sorry I ddient mean all kids, im young myself, but i know when to ease up before i get killed, accident do happen especialy unpredictable things, but this was just out of pure ignorance

he was a grade above me in school…pretty chill but obv shouldnt have been acting this reckless…this is the secound accedent of this type in this spot this year

Yeah man, that turn is dangerous if you dont know it or take it to fast… specialy in the winter… ive seen a ton of cars go off the road there.

Wow that’s pretty rough…Remind me to never buy/ride in an STI ever(again)… Hope the best for the kid/people involved.

i never been in that turn before, i dont think… dont really hang out around there, but it sounds rough

and this is why i dont like riding in the car with somone else who is driving like mr nascar…

Darwinism at its finest, luckily no one was in the trailblazer.

yeah i agree… idk why i dont like being in the car when someones driving really agressive… prolly because im not in controll…

thats pretty rouch… hope everyone comes out ok and he learns his leason…

does this kid live in CP?
had the STI from Mackey Auto?
if so, i just met him like last week. he seemed cool. dont remember his name tho…

Na he lives in rotterdam

Anyone know his age? Young people need to think veryyy hard before getting any type of performance car, especially one with 300+ bhp. Drivers with little experience should not have big performance sports cars, I’m sure I would have crashed one when I was 16 too.

I am still a huge proponent of getting your car on track or to an autox to learn how to deal with a car at the “limit”. There is no substitute for instructed high-speed driving in a safe environment.

Hope this guy makes it through ok.

I belive he was 19

just came to mind… the front tires deff were no where near a safe tread level… im sure that had some factor in not being able to hold the turn

yea that’s a big issue. But again it is something that with experience, a good driver can feel the understeer and modulate throttle/steering to correct for it. Of course there are always freak situations no one can avoid, and accidents do happen.