STM's third 8-Second Build! Congrats once again Ben!

It was inevitable… But great to see it happen on the very next track day!

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/main/stm_main_ben_rs.jpg

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/z/ben_rs/ben_rs_slip_89_163.jpg
(and once again, our local track… has no idea what day it is.)

I believe you can expect another gorgeous video from Mr. Zicari at ArticZap Media!

Congrats again to Ben and his new World-Record holding Subaru! This is now the Fastest 4-Cylinder, 6-Speed MT Subaru in the Galaxy! …and STM’s third 8-Second build to add to the army!

that’s moving… but I’m going to guess it’s not very common to build a drag dedicated car that’s a 6 speed?

Did the owner drive it, or Em?

Either way power to weight must be amazing for this car. Great job STM

:tup:

There’s not many Subaru’s in the world running 8’s period. There’s about 10, give or take. And most of them are RWD tube chassis, and/or 6 cylinder/ and or auto… and this is the ONLY one on a DOT tire. lol

Emery was driving that pass. Ben (the owner) is headed to the track this weekend to get his IHRA license so they will actually LET him run a full pass. 8 seconds in a quarter is no joke. There’s a lot happening in not much time.

Also… Ben’s car is #3 fastest in the USA.

#1 is an auto coupe running 8.30.
#2 8.99 (6-speed also)

That’s amazing and I’m very excited for him!

How is he #3 if he went 8.96 and #2 is 8.99? lol

I’m wondering the same.

He texted me a second ago about a BRZ aslo runing 8’s… so the 8.99 must be #4, the BRZ #2? I can’t find the 1/4 mile time on the BRZ. But Ben is Mr. Subaru! They are all listed on NASIOC… somewhere!

I see, the texts I got, not #1 and #2 for spots… just one and two Subaru times. Sorry bout that.

Either way… He’s number 3! lol

Here we go, Straight from Ben…

Current 2013 Subaru World Records:

8.20 (6 Cylinder, 6-Speed Sequential)
8.38 (4 Cylinder, Automatic)
8.87 (4 Cylinder, 5-Speed Manual)
8.95 (4 Cylinder, 6-Speed Sequential)
8.96 (4 Cylinder, 6-Speed Manual) Ben’s RS
8.99 (4 Cylinder, 6-Speed Manual)

So #5 in the world, #3 in the USA.

:tup:

The 6spd is more common than the 5, since the 5 is ridiculously weak - not that the 6 is super stout. That’s why most of the “fast” Subarus out there are auto or sequential. They’re the only transmissions they can get that actually hold some weight (quite literally.)