Stock G8 taken down by modded STI

My buddy and I were cruising yesterday in the G8 and a silver 2004/2005 STI came up on the left. As he passed, my buddy said he knew the kid and said he was real cool and would deifnitely run me. He got on the phone and the kid set he was definitely down, so we cruised a bit until a decent spot opened up.

The run was from about 40 mph and didn’t to too fast, because we weren’t about to race into traffic. I had one passenger and he was alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD5-2ji4kYs

After the race he told me that the car had a 20G turbo and that it had previously dynoed 378 whp, but he said it wasn’t as strong because something was up since he installed his new intercooler. He guessed that he was in the 340 whp range, but that’s just a guess. Also, he said his trans has been acting up when he shifts into 5th , which is why his pull stops dead and then he starts pulling again.

He was real cool and said he’s going to get it fixed up and back to full power soon.

nice man. Good video.

There’s nothing wrong with his trans, it’s a typical sti trans which has a quick 1-4th and longggg 5th

Thanks guys.

He might have lied, but he said he has had trouble getting it to go into 5th lately. Looked like a missed shift to me.

5th gear on sti’s suffer from weak syncro’s.

That was me good race another one under the belt lol

It was? I didn’t know anyone else from CT was on this site :thumbup

your so full of shit.

hahhaha

Hate havin trouble gettin it in

Giggiiddyyyy gooo gahhh.

I was tempted to call BS, but stranger things have happened :lol