stolen honda recovered with "V8" engine installed

see the video for LOLz

NEW YORK (Associated Press) - A Brooklyn schoolteacher whose car was stolen three years ago has gotten it back – totally souped up and unrecognizable.
Amanda Pogany’s 1996 Honda was returned to her drag-race ready, with a new V-8 engine, manual transmission, leather interior, tinted windows and oversize tires.
Police found the car at an illegal chop shop and were able to trace it to Pogany even though the VIN number had been filed off.
Pogany had given up on ever getting the car back. She hasn’t driven the new version of the Honda yet because she doesn’t know how to drive a stick shift.

didnt you know v-tec means V-8

“fancy hub caps”

Thats gotta be an awesome feeling though knowing that your car is worth way more now and you didnt have to invest a penny.

WTF is that shifter?

King of the shifter knobs does not approve.

Link to the original article:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brooklyn/2010/04/25/2010-04-25_crooks_made_my_car_speed_freak_and_then_i_got_it_back.html

Best line from the interview:

“I’m Jewish,” Pogany said, “and I don’t even know how to drive a stick shift!”

wasnt there a guy who put a LS1 in one…

This line may top that…

“I was like, ‘Shut up!’” said Pogany

she looks like Roy Munson…

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/227/509717612_5d9b28f0aa.jpg?v=0

Sometimes I forget how little non-“car people” actually know about cars.

“fancy hubcaps” had me giggling.

LOL @ V8 blunder

I love that it took 8 months for her to actually get the car after being informed that it was found.

That looks fast as fuck… All those SIQQQ MODS!

lol @ one of the comments; “This is one of the worst written articles I’ve read in a long time.”

V8? Fancy hubcaps? wat?

OMGRACEREADY!!!

VTEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

it actually looks like a pretty decently done h22a swap. fancy hubcaps hahaha

Do you think any of the potential buyers tried to … Jew her down on the price?

C’mon man, that’s low-hanging fruit :squintnono: