stolen identity, sort of.

What to do?

Basically long story short, a middle aged business dress white women with bleach blonde hair, driving a white newer pt cruiser, lifted my girls purse off the chair at taco bell. In it ofcourse is her license, social, bank card etc. House keys and car key were also on it. No cash, she always uses her bank card for everything.

Called right away and canceled the bank card, called the police, they have her on tape but “dont know who she is, so not much we can do” The cop was nice / friendly and got all the details he could.

So this being said, where do we go from here? I couldnt care less about the shit in the purse, mainly her license social / house / car keys.

What do they do about the social? Seems folish just to issue someone another card with the same stolen number. License? do we have to jump thru the hoops to get a replacement mailed to our house? or what do we do?

Never had this happen before.

edit: Am changing all the locks on the house.

AT first i thought that said “lifted my girl”

Which would have been a bold faced lie because i didn’t see any of the following phrases: team of, hoist, strap, maximum lifting capacity.

no plates?

lifelock?

Womp womp. You know nothing of who I date. But I do know you wear a dress and have a picture to prove it, no matter who I date, I don’t cross dress.

No I didnt know she was stealing it at the time. shits weak.

side note

Gotta love the nyspeed responses tho, never had a serious thread once on this shit show of a forum. Way to go for the staff. Can’t even have a serious thread because of the stupid offtopic rules that let people shit up threads, no wonder pittspeed left, and half the other members. But no everyone else is wrong, never needed a rule change. Blah blah. I dont even know why I bother, onyx cares about cars, and meets, but not the forum this shit was a money grab for the new staff.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

thank you.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

cougar can lock the thread and make sure it makes it to the staff forum.

fuck this faggot ass forum, a bunch of grab assing just like I said last time, and when the 100 people left finish losing intrest in cars it wont even exist because its been run into the fucking ground.

way to go.

How did you see this person steal your purse , but not stop them?

Chances are they just wanted the money and probably already ditched the purse.

Stealing a car is retarded, a purse is easy. And unless they live near by, like… down the street. They probably aren’t going to go to your house just to steal things out of your girlfriends glove box. Or they’ll come back in 2 years and do it then. Shit’s way too closely linked together to rob you now.

I cant believe people still carry their SS card with them on a regular basis. There is no need for it in daily life.

Should of opened a “Want to find:” thread so you could moderate it on your own.

I think cougar isn’t going to help you out here.

Click here

The purse is probably emptied and in the closest garbage can too.

I would pay for life lock.

Woow, you took your women to taco bell? People still eat there? And dine in? I would ditch the bitch, not ur problem, unless it is your sister. So, find another relation to date. This is just a clear indication of why you should be clipped so u can’t get a women pregnant.

From what I hear lifelock is supposed to be overrated. Have your girl call all three credit reporting bureaus - Experian, Equifax, and Transunion and ask that they put a lock or hold on her SSN so that no new accounts can be opened without her direct approval. Also ask to be notified if anyone tries to open an account.

Make sure you explain to them what happened.

You might only have to call one bureau and they’ll tell the other two I’m not sure.

Use this site for help:

By the way, I hear you on the NYSpeed answers.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

all that.

Never carry your ss card. unless you need to fill out an i9 or something, there’s no reason to.

and what’s wrong with cross dressing?

she may also want to see about getting a new tax id.

Yeah, place has really gone downhill since you joined in april…

This is an automotive based forum and I wouldn’t take SERIOUS automotive advice from 90% of you.
So - Would this be my resouce for life advice, no.

HA!

Seriously, People still carry their SS card with them. The internet makes evil identity shit way too easy.
So, even if you think I am some “tuner car fggt” that “knows nothing” - These are some things I would read and steps I would take.

Always could work out in your favor, She could take out loans/buy a house/car and actually make the payments.
It happens.

Good Luck.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10002.html

"You can replace your card or your child’s card for free if it is lost or stolen. However, you are limited to three replacement cards in a year and 10 during your lifetime. Legal name changes and other exceptions do not count toward these limits. For example, changes in noncitizen status that require card updates may not count toward these limits. Also, you may not be affected by these limits if you can prove you need the card to prevent a significant hardship.

To get a replacement card, you will need to:

•Complete an Application For A Social Security Card (Form SS-5);
•Present a recently issued document to show your identity;
•Show evidence of your U.S. citizenship if you were born outside the United States and did not show proof of citizenship when you got your card; and
•Show evidence of your current lawful noncitizen status if you are not a U.S. citizen.
Your replacement card will have the same name and number as your previous card. "

"Your Social Security Number and Identity Theft
Thieves use your Social Security number for a variety of purposes, such as opening lines of credit and seeking work. If you have been the victim of identity theft there are a number of steps to take: File a police report, tell creditors and the banks where you have accounts and contact credit reporting agencies.

If you believe someone is using your Social Security number to apply for a job, report it to the Social Security Administration’s Fraud Hotline at 1-800-269-0271. You will also then need to verify the accuracy of your earnings reported for your Social Security number which you can do by calling 1-800-772-1213.

If you think someone is using your Social Security number to obtain a driver’s license or identification card, contact your state’s department of motor vehicles and alert them.

You may think about getting a new Social Security number. However, can’t get a new number simply because your card has been lost or stolen. A person must actively be using your number for you to requset a new one. If you have exhausted all options to prevent illegal use of your number and someone is still using it, request a new Social Security number . However, getting a new Social Security number presents problems as well.

•Inability to use your old number. Just think how many times you have used that number.
•Although you will no longer be able to use your old number, other government agencies, like the Internal Revenue Service and your state’s department of motor vehicles, as well as financial institutions such as banks will have your old number. Getting everything to sync back up could be quite difficult and time consuming.
•Problems caused to your credit rating and records by the identity theft will not necessarily be wiped away since credit reporting companies use other personal information besides your Social Security number to identify you.
•If, on the other hand, for some reason your old credit information is not connected to your new Social Security number, it may look like you do not have a credit history, and it could be more difficult to get credit.
If you are still determined to get a new number, here’s what you need to do when you apply for a new number with the Social Security office:

•Prove your age by bringing a copy of your birth certificate; if you don’t have it, your U.S. Passport could be used.
•Prove your U.S. citizenship or lawful immigration status.
•Prove your identity. Acceptable forms of identification are found in “Your Social Security Number and Card.” They generally include a driver’s license or state-issued ID card, a US Passport, school and work ID cards, or private health insurance cards. Evidence of harm caused by the illegal use, such as attempts by someone to get a driver’s license in your name or jobs on your Social Security statement that you’ve never had must be given.
•Before going down to your local Social Security office, you may want to read the publication Your Social Security Number and Card (Publication Number 05-10002), which provides additional information about issues related to your Social Security number and card replacement. "

Also,

The chick that stole the purse… Was she hot?

She sounds hot. And bad girls turn me on.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

Sounds like dealing with this ss thing is gonna be a PITA. But i doubt you expected it to be easy.

This could mean two different things. I lurked this forum for a long time before I joined.

Also, I never actually said this place has gone downhill, for all I know, people have always acted like jackasses when people ask for help about a serious problem.

Yeah, I wouldn’t go to NYSpeed to post about a serious problem either, but instead of flaming the person we should try to give them a decent answer, seeing as how what happened to this guy’s girlfriend is pretty serious shit.

Fade, he’s not in with the cool kids, thus he isn’t taken seriously. This isn’t just a NYSpeed thing…it happens with ANY online community I’ve ever been on. Just part of dealing with the interwebz I suppose.

Karter and I dealt 2x in the real world off this site. Once he bought a ps3 off me and i dunno…maybe 6 months later the optical drive died. He never came on here and bashed me or accused me of ripping him off. He was on time and communicative whenever we were meeting to transact. I have nothing bad to say about him at all. He’s at times emotional but he’s a real person, can’t fault him for that.

Sorry to hear about the BS theft Karter. Hope the grab was just for contents and not identity theft. Fade gave good advice IMO and his reply is probably the only one you need from here. Let the other crap roll off ya. People only push buttons if they get a reaction. Without seeing any result the novelty usually wears off. :wink:

why was the purse with all her shit in it left unattended? j/w

total fail sauce actually, she got wisdom teeth out on friday (why we were at taco bell, were headed to sanborn to work on my jeep, yes she works on vehicles, and they were on the way and have soft food chicken flat bread etc)
She left it on the chair hanging. Shit happens, shes been kind of out of it.

Think it’s all been covered, but punch her in the ovaries for having her ssn in her purse.

For peace of mind I’d have the locks re-keyed at home too, since some scumbag now has the keys and address off the license.