Credit Cards Stolen - Allen Street

So, my debit card got stolen from my boyfriend’s wallet while he was playing hockey, along with some teammates’ wallets and credit cards

If anyone was at the Bend last night (it’s on Allen Street) or was at Jim’s Steakout on Allen last night around 2:45 - 3:00am, please get in contact with me ASAP. Those are the last two places the fucktard decided to use our credit cards. We’re in the process of working with the Amherst PD, but I figured I’d send this out, just to see if anyone has any info.

EDIT: this joke LACKED FUNNY.

shity

No. You just cancel the cards and dispute the false charges with the credit card company and the credit card company back charges the retailer who obviously sold something without proper verification of signature. Working with the PD over a lost wallet is just a waste of time.

It happened to me in Jamaica. Someone got a couple free computers, clothing shopping spree, and a whopper on my GM card. :lol:

God that sub was even delicious because it was free.

agreed… i lost my wallet and someone bought a bunch of shit at Toys R Us… dispute the charges, get credited back, and move on. Working with the cops is a complete waste of time.

Not to be a dick but the cops have better things to do than file paperwork for a stolen wallet.

Cancel the card, dispute the charges, and let your bank deal with it.

Next time on the back of your card write CHECK ID instead of your signature. 99% of stores don’t check, but it is one step.

Writing CHECK ID on the back of your card makes it null and void. FYI

you can also not sign the credit card instead of writing check id just leave it blank places are suppose to know to check id when there is no sig

That’s even better. Now the person who stole the card can sign your name on the back and it will match his writing…:bloated:

Wow, You people have bad practices. Not signing the back also makes the card non valid. I personally have never signed a card, but a store can refuse the card if it is not signed, and almost all banking centers will refuse it if it is not signed.

Like any cash register person knows that, they make 9 bucks an hour and could care less.

My gf had her ID stolen and wrote that on her new ID and now they always ask her for her ID when making large purchases and works out well.

there not gonna say hey can you write your name on this piece of paper…they are going to ask to see your license knowing your sig is on it!

Like any of it really matters. When was the last time you had a cashier do anything but go through the motions of looking at the back of your card? You could draw a penis for a signature and most places would still take it. Just sign it like you’re supposed to so that a fussy bank will still take it.

true point and plus some of the places like gas stations wegmans and such you swipe it yourself

I can’t tell you the last time anyone has compared the signature on the paper/touchscreen, to my CC, let alone my driver’s license. The signature on my license is from the day I turned 16 and is nothing like the scribbles I use today. Hell, I once wrote “poop” on the touchpad at express and all the girl did was GIGGLE.

edit: goddamnit fry

I stopped signing the stupid touchscreens I just draw a squiggle line to get out of there as fast as possible.

When I worked retail, I would always check :slight_smile: