Street Drift: Mulholland

I’m a bit miffed that someone beat me to this idea (ok, not the same road, but we had been planning filming me at one of the Hill Climbs in PA in a similar fashion). While the clip is very cool, I hateeeeee the slow motion bits and think their camera angles kinda suck as it looks like it could be any twisty road anywhere and for the most part doesn’t capture the fact that it’s Mulholland drive.

That car is sweet.

It seems like they’re trying to aim towards the more “real life” look vs the cinematic vision so many have come to love from Ken Blocks videos. Not sure whether is the creativity speaking in me but that’s the vibe I’m getting especially from the helicopter birds eye view.

Would have been better with your car Mike :wink: Lol

Pretty sick

Gotta rep the sponsors! But ugh, I agree.

I’m impressed that it looks like this was one take…as I didn’t see any/many marks on the road. On Block’s videos, you see a TON of rubber down from all the takes…Cool vid!

me and newman have been down this road and i seem to remember us talking about how crazy itd be to do something like that. sick vid

The undercar cam is really sweet

Foust in a RWD tC with a 600 horse V8. Awesome. :tup:

In most sections I don’t see any rubber on the road except for what he’s laying down on the taped pass. On the few where there was rubber there, it’s pretty much on the same line he’s currently taking. They probably just wanted to alter the camera angle. I’m sure he made a few recce passes, but being able to run through that aggressively on what looks to be largely a single full out pass is a testament to his driving talent.

i didn’t think the camera angles were too bad, the slow motion was kind of annoying though, but they didnt really overuse it. car is loud as shit

sick vid :smiley:

man i would love to drive there one day

pretty awesome… defintely not too many takes done but probably more than one.

A Nascar V8 in a Scion pretty frigging cool

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

R

E?

A for awesome