Street racing ends in teens death

http://www.9news.com/storyfull.aspx?storyid=24908

how sad

Another one of teens thrown from the Mitsubishi fled the scene on foot. Ricardo Melendez, 16, from Thornton was later found being treated at Denver Health Medical Center for unknown injuries. I cant beleive that douchebag did that. :mad:

Originally posted by slowcamaro
how sad

and people wonder why i won’t race them :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi

I would have figured it was just because they were afraid of being hit with the pieces and parts when your DSM breaks at high speeds!! :D:D

:wink:

i’ve only broken one thing tho in the 60k miles i’ve owned it.

idiots…

holie shit that’s tite whered you get that bumper i’m buying 2 one for the front and one for the back it’ll be kool, is that kandi pink? dayam OMGHI2ECLIPSE

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
idiots…

street racing is pointless…it KILLS !!!

Originally posted by LS1 babe
street racing is pointless…it KILLS !!!

if you’re responsible adults with some driving ability, good tires, and open highway, playing around at a decent speed isn’t pointless…it’s fun.

no seatbelts…BRILLIANT :rolleyes:

Investigators said no one in the Mitsubishi was wearing a seatbelt. The body of the 17-year-old, who has been identified as Alejandro Melendez, came to rest in the left lane of I-25 and was run over a short time later by a second vehicle. Investigators have determined that some of the people in the second vehicle are related to Melendez. Investigators aren’t sure whether Melendez was killed when he hit the pavement or when he was struck by the second vehicle.

tell me the last thing going thru that kids mind before the 2nd car ran his head over on the highway was “shit i wish i would have buckled up”

Originally posted by michaelblanyer
if you’re responsible adults with some driving ability, good tires, and open highway, playing around at a decent speed isn’t pointless…it’s fun.

yeah, yeah…i do that every here and there too. but what does it really do for you? it’s a thrill and fun right. lol

Originally posted by michaelblanyer

Its never safe… no matter what

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BlkP42E

i think two responsible drivers doing 90 (or 100) in a 55 with no traffic around is pretty damn safe.

Originally posted by BlkP42E

u know how long it’s been since i’ve seen 100 on the highway, probably 2 years…

u know how long it’s been since i’ve seen 100 on the highway, probably 2 years…

why even bother owning a TSi then?

because my “tsi” will have already finished, come back the return line, got my slip, ate a hotdog, b/sd with pewter a bit, peed on georges car, installed a new turbo for jackie, watched her run a 13 finally, ate another hotdog, read the new issue of hot rod all before your geo would even hit 100 on the highway.