Street Sweeper

I think it’s time for some coil-overs…
http://www.norcal-ls1.com/multimedia/data/500/296fresno3-4.jpg

-TJ

so sick. i think there is pleanty of clearence there it cuts down on the upforce

You don’t need coilovers, your car is just unbalanced. Solution? Add more bitches in the passenger seat you’ll be a fine! J/k, what you looking into getting something uber blingy like Ohlins or Penskes, or something a little more down to earth?

that picture makes me happy on the inside!

Haha… yeah I think I can still make it over a dime on the ground. Actually it’s hard to tell but I think the driver’s side of the air damn is touching. It’s a cheap plastic piece but so it’s not like I care… but that’s still a lot of nose dive.

Well, I’m braking and just barely starting to turn-in right. But no way any bitches that out-weigh (or even get close to) me are ridin’ shotty!

Anyway, I thought about Olins or Penske… but I’m just not going to drop $5k+ into shocks for something I do recreationaly. I’m looking at the Phadt coil-overs (and maybe their adjustable sways, though I already have tree-trunk GM T1 sways) which I can get for around $1600 for all 4. They are single adjustable and adjust ride-height independent of pre-load (double threaded shock bodies). We put some on my buddy’s C5 at the start of the year so I’m waiting to get a co-drive in that car and some feedback from him.

Me too, me too. :smiley: I love that I’m tucking 315/30-18s on a 18x11 up front.

-TJ

For comparison, here’s the car static:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/Shortee3/P1012896.jpg

-TJ

Looks like the ass is coming up more than the nose going down. Let it pick up the dimes. Might be able to scrape up a few bucks’ gas money that way!

Looks like a metric assload of fun, though.

Yeah, the front isn’t going down toooooo much. Though I think I might be bottoming out the front shocks (they are stock '04 Z06 shocks, and as you can see my car is a lot lower than stock). I’m going to use some ghetto shock travel tools (aka zip-ties around the shock-shafts) to check at the next event. The ass is going sky-high though, and obvioulsy un-weighting those tires. The car is still very stable under braking and I can trail-brake it pretty damn hard. But I’m also running a tiny back bar (I took the T1 back off, I have a base-model C6 back on there, the front still has the giant T1) and a lot of toe-in. If I can keep the tail a bit more planted I can probably go back up on rear bar and keep 'er more level through the slaloms and other transitions.

-TJ

looks sick i love the look of that body style vette best looking hands down:bigok:

Thank you sir! The C6 Z06 is growing on me, but the non-Z06 C6s still do nothing for me. I still like the C5 Z06/FRC best though.

The guy I bought this car from has a LeMans Blue C6 Z06 on some black CCWs and it looks mean… maybe when he upgrades I’ll buy his car again, LoL.

-TJ

sounds like that guys is good to know

i hear you on the c6 zo6 they are growing on me but not anything i would really want to own

i always wanted a yellow c5 z06 vette just something about them. we had one at work the one time i will say that thing will smoke off some tire very easily :bigok: :bigok:

even my boss gave it a rip threw the lot and to think that was with new tires on it lol

Haha, exactly why I do my own work (well that and I’m a cheap ass). My back street tires run $500 each so I don’t exactly need every tech burning them off. :slight_smile: :wink:

-TJ

Oddly enough, another vote for the C5 ZO6 here as well. At the Peru tour last year there was a new C6 ZO6 running in ASP (dude already modded half the car too haha). Thing was running pretty good it won ASP fairly easily. But there were a pair of C5 Z06’s running in SM2 I think that just sounded ungodly. One was blue like yours and the other was a blue lemans edition. The one C5 was almost a second faster than the C6. Its a null point with autox when you compare different drivers and classes, but still I think the C5’s will be competitive for years to come.

possibly less rebound needed on the rears…so a double adjustable sounds like the plan

sick sick car man! 315’s up front??? thats just disguisting. i’m hopin to squeeze 315’s on the REAR

Looks like a metric assload of fun, though.

LMAO! haha x2

I need a LOT more rebound on the back, not less. I need to work on getting the rear to stay down. Less rebould would allow it to come up easier. And yes, 315/30-18 front, 335/30-18 rear.

-TJ

ah i had it reversed… thats what i ment

Of course I’m assuming you meant “rebound dampening” when you said rebound.

-TJ

yes i do believe thats what i’m goin for… you want more dampening to not allow the rear to come up that hard.

nice as always TJ, I cant wait till I get a promotion/raise so i can get my C5 Z

:love: