STUPID AIM

Not even an hour after I type that, BOOM HDD overheats and stops spinning I just reformatted and reinstalled.

:nite:

no offense to anyone, but how the hell do people fall for those?!

i get them daily from friends and its been constant for like a year now.

no click, no problem.

Well anyone have a fix for this one yet?

It said something along the lines of look, my drunk pictures!

And knowing skunkass it could have been real. I blame him for ALL of this!

umm well when a friend ims you and tells you to check something out and the url has words like “drunk” and “pictures” in it then the first thing you think about is not that its gonna be a virus.

but i uninstalled aim and reinstalled and its still giving me shit. this is irritating.

delete the file and run a virus check… im running trillian so im not sure how it effect AIM…

yeah i deleted the thing, did it in safe mode, etc etc etc

still came back

so now im stuck with trillian which is Teh Suck

trillain rules!

umm well after all the ones going around, i def wouldn’t not unless i was talking to them at that exact time and they then sent.

i still dont get it.

i have the site for the fix at home because i sent out to a crap load of people so they weren’t im’ing me. ill post it up laters.

well now people know so obvabout the link…at the time…nobody really knew about it…so it’s habbit that they would click on the link from a friend…

but it was smart for some people to ask first what was sent before they clicked it

OK so I am 99.9% sure I got rid of the fucker!

Boot in Safe Mode, F8 at start up on most comps.

Stuff I DL automatically goes right on my C: drive, but it may be different on different peoples PCs.

There is going to be some sort of exe file there, mine was oddly named, something like “mijkini” that needs to be deleted. There is also a MS-DOS Batch file, mine was named ‘a’ that needs to go as well. You will also need to delete you AIM folder completly as well as another folder called AOD, both were located in Program Files on mine.

You also need to go into you MSCONFIG and turn off anything suspicious that might try and boot at start-up.

I also went as far and went into my RegEdit and deleted any keys I might have thought had anything to do with the virus. I have had my AIM back for 3 days now and have been good so far, although you should be able to tell if it is gone if you can ctrl/alt/del and bring up the task manager, as the virus wouldn’t let you before.

oh yeah, and you suck Skunk! :biglaugh:

hhaha…i went into safe mode yesterday…got rid of the file…then my computer was still fucked…bah…i just did a re-format…so it’s good now