Stupid fact....

I know most of you dont care haha but I thought this was a cool little fact. I live in the city of Sierra Vista in Arizona and just found out, the first ever Mcdonalds drive-thru was made here. It was because of the military base ( Fort Huachuca) with all of the soldiers around here, they werent allowed to go into a mcdonalds in uniform. So mcdonalds cut a hole in the brick wall and made it a drive-thru! I thought that was pretty cool.

incredible

My Brother in law was stationed there in the late 80’s and actually went to the base before.Wonder why there weren’t allowed in in uniform?

So they couldn’t hit on underage hotties of the era obviously.

Rather cool though.

its one of the rules… depending on what uniform.

IE Airforce - BDU = quick trips to stores on the way home from work, convenience shopping.

Air Force Blues = Nothing. other than recruiting or official business

:tup: Good post. I love random trivia.

Cool beans.

Most people don’t know that McDonald’s was actually founded by Ray Kroc. He was a milkshake machine salesman that was in business with the McDonald brothers, and saw potential in the business.

now i just need to know why they will only let you through in a car, no walking or shopping carts…

My buddy is a marine and he can go into stores and restaurants in uniform but he can’t eat/smoke/talk on the phone/etc and walkbat the same time, its somewhat amusing to watch him stop in the middle of the road to take a drag off a cig

Yea we really arent supposed to do much in uniform. One of those silly rules.

but are you allowed to go to bars in uniform on allen… noteably brick bar?

I see douchebags in uniform there all the time

More random mcd’s facts: German mcdonalds serve beer I believe. Not a huge surprise though.

No, and more than once, I have corrected, or flat gotten in the ass of people that do this. It is unprofessional, not proper, and against regulations. If your such a loser that you need to wear a military uniform out to a bar so everyone can go “ewwwwww” and “ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh” you need to get a fuckin life. Your free to go to the bars on base in uniform, but on in the ville, your take it off.

There are a few reasons to wear a uniform to a bar, but 99.9999 percent of the time, those reasons isn’t why the doushe nozzle is there. It really fuckin irks me.

Vagina is more important then rules. PS I would never go out in uniform. How fucking lame

the one on right across from the buffalo airport has a walk threw as well. lol

How about the chick who got kicked out for blowing coke in the bathroom … in uniform…

as stated before your really not allowed to do anything in uniform. I have pulled out my ID card and laid into people before. However with the new ACU’s as long as you remove the US ARMY tape and your unit patch it’s allowed because technically it’s not a government uniform anymore. One of those gray areas in AR 670-1