Subaru shop recommendations?

A new co-worker of mine just moved to the area and is for a Subaru shop to maintain his vehicle. He has a 2005 Legacy GT. Unfortunately a stealership tried to screw him already on a basic oil change…

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Hum… I’m not even sure anymore. I don’t think Innovative does maintenance now.

Walker brothers. They gave a great price to do a clutch on friends wrx. But ended up getting it done at dealership for free.

Blackforest? I didn’t think innovative reopened yet.

A friend had his 06 sti motor rebuilt with forged hardware from a place in south buffalo. I forget the name but the quality of work was spot on. Price was unbelievable cheap also. He paid like 3500-4500 I believe.

Edit- friend said its called Smukall performance. 716-824-7628

Check their vendor section: http://www.nyspeed.com/forumdisplay.php?484-Tire-Change-Bros

Andy has a Forester still I believe and I pretty much have been bringing my cars and family member cars there for the past few years now.

I have been having my WRX serviced at Northtown Subaru and they have been pretty good about everything (not cheap though). That being said, the only reason I take it to the dealership is because it’s still under warranty (sort of). +1 to Walkers. I have heard nothing but good things.

Thanks All. I’ve passed on the tips to my co-worker. He’ll appreciate the advice having relocated his life in a hurry.

Thanks!