Best locations for rebuilds?

So I have unfortunately been plagued with bad luck this year and can’t seem to break the trend. My most recent situation is a Misfire in my 06 WRX. I currently have it at a shop after doing a bunch of trouble shooting myself and not being successful. We found the cylinder to have low compression in cylinder 1. It sounds like right now its going to be a lower motor problem and well… its either going to need a new/used short block or a rebuild of the motor. Since motors seem to cost a pretty penny I’m looking at the possibility of doing a full motor rebuild.

Where is the best place to take a turbo Subaru motor already out of the car and have rebuilt? Any reputable shops anyone on here runs that could help me out?
Any suggestions on rebuilding the motor would also be appreciated.

I bought an STI from them last year. It’s a father and two sons. They all work at Northtown Subaru as technicians and have this shop on the side. Really stand up guys from what I could tell. Definitely knew their shit.

Thank You! I’ll take a look and see.

I’ve heard good things about broken boxer

I am pretty sure @99_civic_si just rebuilt a WRX motor (3rd gen) for someone a few weeks ago, send him a PM.