Sublime

I’ve been hooked on some old sublime songs for the last month. I went to the Sublime “with Rome” concert here in Rochester and I was completely amazed,

For those of you who don’t know the whole story, the lead singer, bradley nowell died in '97. Almost immediately after landing a big record deal. Before this Nowell and sublime became a favorite locally in california playing at bars and colleges and some music festivals and selling a record number of records out of their van. After Bradley’s death the record company compiled some of the songs most easily accepted by the mass public and released them to radio stations as singles. The band, recognizing that Bradly wrote every song and almost every note decided not to continue on without him.

I wasn’t sure what to expect from this Rome guy, but it turned out that he was an incredible stand in. He didn’t sound like an imitation of Nowell, he had his own similar sound. For his musical abilities, he was simply incredible. The drummer gets props on this one too, almost every song was rolled into the next as a sort of a medley. The concert was absolutely incredible.

What I like most about concerts is finding music to add to my playlist that I didn’t originally have and this concert delivered.

All of you should already know songs such as:
Smoke two joints,
Caress me down,
Reprise (what I got),
Wrong way,
badfish
doin time,
santeria, and
date rape.

What your play list might be missing are the faster paced “punk” rock songs that are a hell of a lot less “pop” than what gets the attention on the radio:

ball and chain,
april 29th 1992 (miami)
don’t push,
40 oz to freedom,
krs-one,
new thrash,
we’re only gonna die for our friends,
waiting for my ruca,
freeway time in la county jail,
waiting for my ruca.

Cliff notes: add some new songs to your Ipod, and if you get a chance to see sublime with rome don’t turn it down. Good shit!

good to know. Im a big sublime fan.

you should listen to the dirty heads. there freaking awesome. saw them a few weeks back at northern lights and they kicked ass.

they were the opening act at sublime. They were good.

Bad fish is pretty damn good too, saw them a few months ago at northern lights

Some of the best music ever made! I had a friend that died 2 years ago from a heroin overdose too, it’s really an awful situation.

40 oz to freedom is a great album start to finish, never heard their other stuff with the new guy though.

They don’t and won’t have any new material. It’s all just the old stuff with a new guy.

That’s how I thought it was. Pretty interesting.

This, they were really good. I went there expecting a cover band to be mediocre at best but it was pretty damn good.

90’s music >all

Layne staley from Alice in chains :cry: