Suburban Auto Tdown

UPDATE

They fixed it, same kid was there that screwed it up the first time and he put the car on the rack. Another tech (older guy blonde hair & a stach) ended up delivering the car back to me. I have a feeling he made sure that it was done right. Still was alot of BS for just a simple alignment.

Now im happy to have my car rolling correct
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/audiurs41994/Audi089.jpg

Story of my life dude.

At least they fixed it.

word, thats the guy that has done mine… always did a good job :tup:

I had my red 4000 Quattro aligned there after I replaced the tie rod ends front and rear, ball joints, and wheel bearings and it came out perfect. I too went to the trouble of cracking all the tie rods loose so they wouldn’t say that there was any issue and try to charge more or not do it. The car was a NC car though that had never seen a winter so breaking all the adjustments loose was no biggie. It truely is all the person working on the car as I know 2 other people, close friends, not friends of a buddies brothers half sisters dog walker deal, who had issues with their alignments as well. I DESPISE alignments with AWD cars as the retards ALWAYS try and find some excuse to avoid having to align a car that needs to be monkied with at all 4 corners. Broad Elm in Hamburg comes to mind.

I had some issues as well. I took the car back and George redid the special alignment for free; even though it was part my fault. I also graduated with his son Paul. George is very reasonable.

Not a real confidence inspiring review. Cool that they fixed it, but it should have been done right the first time and certainly should have been fixed after you complained about their first attempt. Three tries is a lot for something as simple as an alignment.

I guess if I go there I’ll just put a little sign under the car that says, “You must be over 25 years old to align this vehicle”.

Sounds like the owner is great, and has mostly top notch people working for him, but a chain is only as good as the weakest link. Either teach the kid how to do stuff right or keep him on simple jobs like oil changes. No one likes paying for a service where the quality is based entirely on your luck of getting the right tech assigned.