Why I won't ever be going back to suburban auto electric...

and neither should you.

i have gotten my cars aligned there for years, multiple alignments a year depending on setup changes or whatever. it started to get shoddy last year but i figured maybe they had a bad tech, but this is the last straw.

first off when i got the car back after a day i noticed some wheel wobble on my way to work, thankfully i decide to check it out before driving home. all of my lugnuts on my drivers side wheel are completely loose. i say to myself wow thats shitty, tighten them and write it off as a slip.

today i am getting my car ready for autocross (changing swaybar settings/dampers and putting the race wheels on)… I had noticed some slight clunking and squeeking coming from the passenger front suspension, i figured it was the new parts working their way in. I decide to check stuff out just in case since i had the wheels off, and look what i fucking find:

http://www.jamestoomey.com/images/fu-suburban2.jpg

if you can’t tell that would be the bottom of my coilovers where they mount to the hub assembly, that would be the top camber bolt with the nut completely missing, and the bottom one barely attached. those slide out and my wheel fucking folds OVER. fuck suburban, i can’t wait to go in there monday with these pictures and tear them a new one.

UPDATE: since i don’t want to waste my time further i just called to see what they would do and they won’t do shit, i explained exactly what happened, how dangerous it could have been, the fact that my alignment is now clearly off so it needs to be realigned. i said obviously i have no intention of having them redo my alignment and i wanted a refund for it. they said no way they know it was caused from their work, and on modified cars they take no responsibility. so i simply said after coming there for years, multiple times a year, you’re going to take no ownership for this, they said nope. dude didn’t even care what so ever, i don’t think they even try to retain customers anymore.

Jeezus. I would have gone apeshit.

Wow. That is careless. Talk about major liability too.

i had a caliper come completely off once… not good

That sucks, I would flip come monday.

Side note… Could you have any larger pictures!

wow, lucky you found it in the driveway. Are those bolts used for adjustment at all?

That is a really clean bolt

WOW

– more of a reason to do your own work–

He installed his own coilovers, but alignments should be done with the right equipment. And apparently the right people.

Damn dude…glad you caught that…

Better now than on the track

wow jim, glad you caught it before any damage was done

that is sketchy as hell

that bolt adjust camber.

Wow, now I see what you were talking about. That sucks. Good luck with them monday.

Wow, they better at the very least give you a refund on the alignment. I bet they give you store credit though. Places always do that when they know you wont come back anyway.

yea sets the camber so of course now the alignment is off :meh:

so fresh n so clean clean

lol i lack a laser alignment machine, but yea… figures the one thing i pay to have done is done like this… :tdown:

yea they probably will try that shit but no way thats going to fly im not letting them touch my car again. :spank:

Oh Toomey, you’re so cute when your mad.

I drive around like that all the time. :shrug:

Let us know what they say about it.

you should post some big pictures so i can see it clear…

that sux thought… my bet is they will put their head in teh sand and deny deny deny…

well, atleast i know where to take my girlfriend’s car. :snky: