no more NYSpeed discount at Licatas?

called for pricing today and the lady said no discount at this time. Do I need to ask Russ???

She’s a huge bitch.

The coupons that they had expired last year or earlier if I remember correctly. People were trying to use them on crazy custom alignments and they were loosing quite a bit of money.

Ok. I guess I can’t really complain about $80 bucks

they always did great work on my SHO, they always charged me for custom work they did for me though. I don’t expect anything to be free, and since their work was always perfect it never bothered me.

I’ve had my car aligned 3 times now on my lifetime firestone alignment so that’s already paid for itself.

Jay, how much was the lifetime? Which firestone? I know you lowered it so no problems with lowered cars then I assume?

I got hit for an alignment on my Mustang, as well as mounting 2 rear tires, for the screaming deal of $274. Got hit with an extra hour due to the fact I run a factory Ford Cobra IRS rear suspension. They didn’t know how to adjust an aftemarket camber/caster plate, and they also failed to notice a bad inner tie rod. Also had an 8am appointment, to which I showed up early for…then they finally got to my car at 9.

Overall…I wasn’t impressed with Licatta’s.

All firestones have it…

It wasn’t that expensive I use it on my Jeep

The difference between the different locations is the techs/managers. It’d be good to know which location has techs that are better at dealing with specialty cars.

I got my lifetime alignment done at Expert Tire in Hamburg. The first time I was happy but I’m less than pleased with the alignment I got recently.

$190 after taxes I think. Right around there. I went to the one on Maple near NFB. My car isn’t super low but the front bumper won’t clear a lot of parking curbs and when it was flat bedded a while back they had to use wood planks to ramp it onto the flatbed. No issues with Firestone aligning it. Brought it back just a couple months after getting the first alignment done because I replaced two tie rods and they did the 2nd alignment no questions asked. Since I work pretty close by I’ve always just dropped the car off in the morning so I’m not sure how long their waits are but I’ve always been called a couple hours after dropping it off. And that’s with letting them know I didn’t need the car until 4pm.

Licatas lost my business and any future recommendations when they broke something minor on my car, tried to hide it, then wouldn’t even return my calls when I called multiple times to ask about it. Sponsor or not I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone.

I’d probably try Joe and Pat at Monro on Niagara Falls Blvd in Niagara Falls now that there is good NYspeed people in there.

Can they do lowered cars? Have people taken their bumpers off? I can’t even pull into my driveway :frowning:

(i mean monroe)

I had pretty much identical experience in my miata.

licatas did my integra fine with adjustable front camber arms and rear adjustable camber arms?
this is 3 years ago though. i know their prices have been going up a lot.

licata’s can suck a bag of dicks.

took off work to drive 40 minutes out there for them to tell me that they couldnt do my car that day after they scheduled me in (when i showed up early) TWICE. never bothered to call me to cancel

unfortuneatly after searching and searching they were the only shop that could align my car due to how low it was unless i wanted to go to towne bmw who wanted 200 bucks. so i went to unwillingly went to licatas with a 20 off coupon. they then tell me that a bolt is stuck and they have to charge me an hour of labor to heat it for a minute. i still find this hard to believe considering ive had most of this car apart and never had to heat a single bolt but whatever. after they charged me for that extra hour it ended up being like 190 bucks anyways.

fuck that shop. \rant.

I took my M to Gaulin’s on Sheridan for an alignment a few years ago. They did an excellent job and at a great price. They did a much better (and cheaper) job than Towne BMW did for me previously.

I never really liked licatas. They seem like a bunch of rip offs and there’s a lot of better places out there that can do lowered cars with custom alignments without charging “specialty” fees. My particular place had an in-ground alignment machine and I even sat in my car while they did the alignment for 70 bucks. But it helps to know people.

care to say where? i went to ~20 shops and none of them could do my car. even one that had their machine built into the floor.