Low car alignments- is licattas (sp?) still the best place?

Anyone have any suggestions?

This and every thread on help me find a new DD for X amount should just merge lol.

I’ve always gone to my pal Jake @sikksohc (So have many from on here) but, I know he hasn’t been doing side-work. I could always see if he can squeeze you in though.

I back Licatas.

They tack a fee on for modified suspension, but they send out an a+ alignment

I will never give Licata’s another dime.

You couldn’t pay me to go to Licatas. Caused minor damage to my car (broken wheel center cap) tried to hide it by gluing it back on, then refused to call me back when I immediately noticed it and called them.

Its not that they broken the center cap, because I get that they get brittle, it’s how they handled the situation. If you’re fine with breaking something on a customers car, hiding it, then refusing to even talk to the customer about it you’re shady and I’d hate to think how much fun it would be dealing with a more serious issue.

Doesn’t a member on here manage a Firestone? His really name is Joe but I forgot his username. I know he’s said he can help members out with low car alignments.

edit: @nitroinsane is the member I was thinking of. Good dude.

x2 to both, years ago took my old neon there to get an alignment because it was lowered 1.5". They quoted me 250ish IIRC. Anyways I went to Monroe Muffler and paid the guy 50$ cash and he did it in about an hour.

I’ve had great experiences with Firestone on Harlem near Walden. (I believe that’s the one he works at) Lifetime alignments for $140 and my car is on coilovers. Hell yeah. :tup:

Mr Best Wrench on badell rd grand island. The guys here are very meticulous. 70$ is the usual going rate and they have these fancy ramps that cater to lowered cars. Along with a new laser alignment system. Hope this helps.

Yep, Firestone at Maple and the Blvd never had issues getting my GTO on their rack for it’s lifetime alignment. And I have to drive up on 2x4’s to make it up my low profile rhino ramps or to sneak my floor jack under it.

I got stuck with a $200 alignment bill when I took my BMW to Licata’s. They can get it done but I don’t recommend them.

I go to a friend at AmTon now as he just picked up a new machine around a year ago, but I’m not sure how low of a vehicle he can do.

REDi Imports on Railroad St.

Scruggs, too.

nitroinsane joe is a great dude. he pulled my Volvo out of the mud a few days ago actually. lol. long story.

ill message him on FB. thanks guys

What BMW? Where are you hiding that?

I’ve heard this place does excellent work in general.
I plan on making them inspect and maybe align my nova.

My Dad takes his cars there, the owner is a good guy.

As for lowered car alignments, I’ve always taken the Beetle to VW. The GTI was always done at Scruggs.

Many moons ago I took a stock ride height a4 to Licattas after some emergency work was done at Blackforest.

Got me in same day and I remember it being cheap enough. Car was A+ after.

Since that time i’ve heard many a horror story on here… my :2cents: shouldn’t carry much weight.

Story after story of bad service and over charging doesn’t throw up a red flag for you, huh?

It does. I won’t be going back if I land back in Buffalo anytime soon. I think we’re on the same page here man :tup:

are there any shops in the WNY area that set up cars for the track properly? like corner weighting and suspension set up (coilover pre-load setting, height setting, bump-steer adjustment in addition to alignment)

we have a place in the hamilton area that does this and if you guys dont have anything like that then i would say you should consider coming up here and using can-alignment @racecartech

there is so much more to a good suspension set up than just straightening the wheels