yes ive searched. need a shop for an alignment on a lowered bmw...

so what i read in the threads ive searched is that people generally either go to licatas or scrugs…

however as of late i have heard nothing but horror stories from licatas along with the fact they seem to charge 2-250 for a 4 wheel alignment when its all said and done.

i just called two other local shops and was told they dont do alignments on bmw’s cause they need some special tools or whatever.

so im looking to find out some accurate info as to where people prefer to go to align their lowered cars…

i would also prefer not to drive an hour to STM if i dont have to…

If you want to drive to Rochester, Eksten’s or CDI.

Wieland Automotive on Transit Rd. in W. Seneca

Weren’t you the one who suggested Firestone and their lifetime alignment? If so I’m guessing they were one of the shops you called?

I plan on going to Russ this week to get mine done on my Evo. Or there is always STM. Emery and the crew will take care of your car!

Did Scruggs say no for BMW’s? They always get my vote.

Im not saying that you’re complaining about the price of the alignment at licatas, but you realize that STM charges more right? Lol

I’ll be going to licatas tomorrow or wednesday morning. I’ll let you know if my car gets totally fubar’d. Then ill cry about it on the interwebs.

200 is a little steep, I got an alignment to my specs (as close as possible with rear beam suspension) on my passat for half that at scruggs

Gaulin’s on Sheridan did a great job on my E36 (stock suspension). They also did a friends lowered E30 and had no issues with that. Give them a call.

In for info, I need my civic did.

It’s not the tools.it’s that in order to properly Align most bmws and Mercedes you need a full tank of gas and x amount of weight in certain seats. However if you have specific measurements you want the vehicle aligned to it does not matter.

Can you guys do a lowered car if I pull the front bumper? ^^^

Yes

yeah firestone was the first shop i called and they gave me the “special tools” line.

ive also heard bad things from scruggs and licatas as of late.

ill look into this gaulins place this week.

thanks for the responses :tup:

There are special tools that make the rear toe and front camber easier to adjust, on an E46. They aren’t required, just make it easier to fine tune, especially the rear toe.

I have both good and bad about Licatas, and their pricing has gone up.

At licatas now. They told me before I even scheduled it that its going to be a lot more so idk why everyone acts surprised

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

ok so i just got turned away at Gaulins via phone but they suggested “sweeney’s automotive” on the blvd which has a brand new alignment rack.

i just called and set up an appointment with Phil and he seemed more than enthused to help.

ill be there next monday at 9am so ill let everyone know how it goes

Why not the dealership? They are mod friendly at Towne.

x…

http://www.sweeneysgarage.com/about.htm

They’ve been around since 1948 so I’d say they’re doing something right.

KendziA in Niagara falls will do lowered cars