Suburban Auto Tdown

Went there for a front end alignment for the s4 after I replaced every wear item on the front suspension on the car. I even went the extra mile to make sure the tie rods were easily adjustable so I wouldnt be delt any bullshit why they couldnt get it done quickly.

After the standard hour or so wait I get the car back, pull out of the place, steering wheel is cocked at least 20 degrees to the right when the car is pointed straight. Ok, pull right back into the place, and have to take the tech on a ride to explain it to him. Mind you he took it for a test ride right before I got the car back.

So while there messing with that I take a look at the printout with the alignment specs. The fooker the didnt even adjust the camber which was out of spec at - 1.8 degrees, spec is -1.2. Not a big deal but if Im getting a alignment isnt that the first thing they should change/check? There was plenty of adjustment available because I maxed the camber out negative when I reinstalled my strut plates. I asked them to adjust it and they said they would have to charge me another hour time if I wanted to change it though. Nevermind, I already paid 85 bucks.

So another hour goes by I get the car back. Definately not as off as it was before so I go home. After driving it on a few different roads though the steering wheel is still cocked like 5 or so degrees now. It tracs perfectly straight, but the steering wheel is not. What a PITA, now I have to go back again to try to have them fix it.

I should of just bought the tools and did it myself. It seems that no one does work right anymore.

ive never had a problem with them. they aligned my evo about 3 months ago, took them about 45 mins and didnt even charge me more than $100 for a 4 wheel alignment!

align was superb as well

I have only heard good things from them but i will keep this in mind of i don’t get a perfect job from them. Thanks for the heads up.

*should have

Yeah I should probably say the place is only as good as the techs working there at the time you go. I had some kid with glasses do mine. If I would have to guess, I would say you probably had a different tech do yours.

Surprising news, and shitty none the less. I wonder what the supreme nut hugger Rick will have to say :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear, let us know what happens if you go back in.

hmmm would you like me to talk to george?

give the manager a call and take him for a ride

yea surprising… i’ve had my sti aligned there multiple times always did a good job.

helps if you talk to the tech doing it beforehand asking for specific specs because then they know you are going to notice if there is an issue.

HOWEVER now that you mention it, my wheel is off slightly as well when car is tracking straight… never bothered me much as the alignment was still good though.

yea this is true, i had an older guy do mine. he definitely knew what he was doing, told me everything that he did and what not.

same - for me, def go in with specifics and you will get the good guy and a good alignment.

Is george the owner or something? I have a appointment on wednesday to get it corrected, I guess we will see how that goes. I still hate dealing with all the BS when its such a easy job. 85 bucks to adjust my only my tie rods, and you cant even get it right. I went in last year for a rear alignment after replacing my rear tie rods on the same car. The tech had setup that attached to the steering wheel and brake pedal that keeps steering wheel straight when your doing a alignment. Wish I had the same tech this time, maybe I could of avoided all the BS.

Make sure you get an invoice each time you go back and they touch/adjust it. By law they are required to give you one(even if its no charge). This will serve as proof there was a problem if you need to take it farther

Shitty to hear, I personally have never heard anything good about them until this thread.

Good thing you got a sheet that had the before and after specs. Does the car have caster/camber adjustment stock? If it did not the machine would have told them that there was no adjustment even though you had aftermarket adjustment on there. So in that case it would not have been touched (most shops wont touch aftermarket stuff for liability reasons, but suburban will which is why I have always used them and they take their time to do a good job). If you didnt mention that there was aftermarket camber plates etc they might not have touched them.

George is the owner he is a very reasonable man, tell them that I sent you down because they were the best and I’m sure they will take care of you. They will take care of you no matter what, but these are some good friends of mine and it might help make it easier.

Do you mean anything bad? As far as I can tell they have a pretty good rep. No one is perfect so things happen sometimes best bet is to take it up with them for sure. These are the times that set the shit shops apart from the good shops how they handle customer complaints :slight_smile:

The stock suspension has adjustable strut mounts for camber. The suspension is stock with exception of H&R springs.

Last time I talked to this guy was at the car cruise on broadway at the bowling lanes accross from twin city rinks…

Has a sick Monte… 383 w/ big ass shot.

I’ve been looking for his name, but can’t find it. I need an alignment on my truck, and he is the guy I’m going to see.

yes sir! he told me about that also. when he test drove my car he gets back and is like “who are u trying to fool, i can smell that race gas…” :lol:

I have had alignments done there, No problems at all. :tup: the middle aged guy did my alignment, and was more than cool about setting it howerever I wanted it. total cost $120 and my brother has his done also with no issues. :gotme:

Jeller