Subway keeps declining everybodies credit card.

I was wondering if anybody else was getting this problem.

It started about 2 months ago at a subway, and has happened to me 3 times in the past 2 months.

When I go to pay for a sub, the credit card comes back declined “account frozen”.

Then I go to pay with another card, and its frozen also.

One time I went to lunch with about 10 people from work, and every one of our cards was “frozen”, but the idiot behind the counter insisted that it was a problem with “all our cards”.

This problem happened at 3 different subways, and I’m not the type that carries cash, so I think I’m just going to stop eating there.

Happens to me and a few friends when i use the self checkout at tops/walley world

HAHAH I had this happen to me a few weeks ago at a subway in Iraq. I was all nervous and went to computer ASAP to check my balance.

I had to get Subway for work at Walmart in Springville a few weeks ago and the woman in line in front of me was having this problem…
She had to go to an ATM and withdraw cash to pay for it

never had that issue, im at subway at least once a week

I’m at subway 2-3x a week, for the last 5 months… not a single problem yet.

lol, I have about 380 pts on my Subway card.

I’m at Subway like 3 times a week, and NEVER have had this issue.

so, what kind of card? VISA, Mastercard, Discover? Common with one type of card?

I use a VISA with no issues, every week…

You guys should PM MrSmith. He is in charge there.

i heard he can hook it up on the points.

no issues in MI with mastercard

I tried my BOA Visa Bank card, then a Citi mastercard, then my girlfriends Key Mastercard, and my buddy tried two credit cards also.